letter 21

Sweet Santana,

You are such a troubled girl. I really hoped life treated you great, but I'm so pissed at that boyfriend of yours. I bet you kept a few other things from me, but that's fine, I have my reasons not to like him.

Your family seems sweet, I'm sure Echo would be a great soldier. A few years later when she still thinks that's her passion, I can put a few good words in for her. Get her a great mentor and all.

I played football pretty religiously, though. If I couldn't cut it to be a soldier, I probably would've been a professional player. I hope that's good enough for your dad!

The Russian mission went okay-ish if you could say so. The bastard we were after was hard to track, and he really made our days hell. A lot of my men died, Ghost collected their dog tags. We'll ship them out to the families tomorrow. I was almost one of those dog tags if it wasn't for Ghost. Earned a cheeky little cut on my face from the whole shitshow, and got a bullet in my arm, but other than that I came out okay.

I missed you too, you know. Thought about you a lot. And thank you for the pictures, they are lovely. My favorite one is the one your sister took from you, you're absolutely angelic. With all respect, I was right about you being stunning.

And since I got so many long letters from you, I think it's time for me to try and write one, too. It's probably going to be shite, I'm not really good with words.

Since the whole ordeal in Russia, the higher-ups thought I deserve some break. I got a few days, almost two weeks in the base to recover, and after that, they'll send me to Iraq. I can't really tell details as you know already (and also I don't have much), but it's going to be fun. I'll go with my buddy Gaz and Price.

I think you're back in London by the time you get this letter. How's your new workplace? How did the bar turned out? Would love to visit that place one day.

Well, I'm really tired because the doc gave me some fucking strong pain medicine and it's going to knock me out soon, so I have to go. But I hope I hear from you soon.

Your Johnny