day 2

"This place is fucking awesome!" Johny gasped as they set foot into Darkwave, the bowling center merging with a bar. They were almost closing now, only a few other people lingering around in the late night hours, one of them being Cara, the bartender.

It truly warmed Santana's heart that he was so passionate about everything she showed him so far. He didn't even mind waiting half an hour in the queue at her favorite donut place. Those were overpriced and probably weren't the best for his soldier diet but he was so thankful for getting some. Then she took him to a new restaurant which was a complete scam with their bad food and even worse service, but Johnny just joked around the whole time.

And now he couldn't wait to finally see the place she put her heart into. It was important to him because it was important to her. She couldn't help but think that he and Cameron were two different stories. They didn't even belong in one sentence.

She got to introduce Cara first. They weren't exactly friends but the workplace was a perfect place for them to socialize. Cara was delighted to see such a genuine smile on Santana's face and understandably so. If a man that looked like that would look at me that was, I would be smiling, too, she thought to herself.

After spending a few minutes there she thought it was best if they go, she hated when people were inside when they were trying to close the place. Johnny wanted to see more of the place.

"I can bring you tomorrow," Santana offered, an excited glint shining in his eyes under the street lights.

"That would be great," he nodded, watching as a small blush tinted her cheeks.

They were currently on their way to one of her favorite pubs to grab some drinks because honestly, she felt like she needed it. Being next to him and genuinely talk to him felt like an acid trip. It was so out of this world and she could barely register that all of this was real.

"Hey, uhm..." Johnny cleared his throat, his usual easy self turning into an anxious one. He avoided her gaze, scratching the back of his neck as he tried to find the correct way to mention this. There was none.

"Well?" Santana urged him, nudging his side with her elbow playfully, smiling brightly like a star that had just fallen from the sky. Here he was, trying to apologize for being so barbaric but the way she was looking at him just made him do it all over again.

"I'm sorry about earlier," he blurted out finally. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not really getting what he was trying to get at. "About the... thing at the airport. I didn't mean to ambush you or whatever. I just got overwhelmed."

It was overwhelming, Johnny. You almost caused me a heart attack.

"It's okay," Santana waved at him dismissively.

"It's really not," the man beside her cringed. "And I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

The girl frowned but masked it with a smile in seconds. He mirrored her smile, putting his hands in his pockets as a way to ease the tension that tried to blow him apart. He was usually pretty confident around women, they always dug the wild soldier that could have some little fun but was threatening at the same time. He could say he knew how to pull women. But with Santana, everything he knew so far went out the window.

He felt like a teenager again, always trying to impress the girl with every word and act. He never would've dreamed of it that he could walk down the streets of London with the girl that clouded his mind like morning dew almost four years now. It was wild. She was like that really scary roller coaster you never dared to ride before, but once you got a taste of it it was impossible to stop.

Minutes later, the two of them sat at the bar, sipping their drinks and talking about anything and everything. There was so much they wanted to talk about and so many things they wanted to share with each other. Santana felt like she had to do a recap of her whole life and there was just not enough time to talk about everything