day 1

When Santana woke up, she was instantly filled with this extreme energy that caused her to instantly jump from her bed. With a wide smile on her face, she sprung into her bathroom to tidy herself up and pull on the clothes she picked from her closet two nights ago.

Because whenever Santana was excited about something, she was ready even days before.

There was this one time when her father took her to Disneyland on her twelfth birthday, just the two of them. She was a little sad at the fact that her mother couldn't make it, but her father, Harrison tried his hardest to be a father and a mother at the same time. And he knew his little princess loved Disneyland with her whole heart, so he gathered all the spare money he could to make her dreams come true.

A week before the actual trip you couldn't keep up with little Santana. She was jumping around everywhere, she talked so fast you couldn't even hear what she said. She was full of energy that made her dark brown eyes sparkle a little lighter, her smile permanently burned on her face.

When she looked in the mirror, the same happy face greeted her back. She was not a little girl anymore, no. Santana was now almost 26 years old, a grown-ass woman. She could barely believe it herself. She still felt like a teenager in her heart, she just had to carry the curse of taxes and grocery shopping on her shoulder now. Adulting sucked ass.

But on today's morning, the sun seemed to shine brighter, the birds nearby her window sang like a beautiful chorus, Santana humming along. Even her hair seemed to be more tame than usual. Everything was perfect so far. This was a special day and everything seemed to be just perfect.

Because in a few hours, she will finally meet John MacTavish.

Actually, this time. This was final, not like the few times they talked about meeting up. This time it felt different, and he even sent a letter to confirm that he will board in a few days. And the day when he'll land in London was today.

Santana twirled once through the threshold into the living room, softly singing along to the ABBA song that blasted through the apartment. She skipped into her kitchen, ready to eat breakfast but she felt way too excited to actually put some food in her stomach. So she settled on drinking some lemonade she made the night earlier, taking the drink out of the fridge and pouring herself a glassful. Mid-sip, she heard the front door closing, startling her so bad that the cloudy, cold glass almost slipped from her fingers.

"What's all of this?" Harper's confusion appeared on her forehead in the form of four creases, which was almost a critical amount.

Harper looked like hell after her night shift, only now returning from patrolling around the city. Her red hair was twisted into a bun that got a little disheveled throughout the night, her light makeup smudged at the corner of her eyes. Not to mention the heavy bags under her green eyes. But no matter how much she could pass as a homeless woman, in Tana's eyes her friend was always sparkling. Those sparkles were fueled by anger and fury most of the time, even a hint of annoyance whenever she heard a loud noise, but Harper sparked nonetheless.

"Good morning!" Santana chirped, skipping towards her friend to give her the usual hug she greeted her. Harper groaned at the sudden force and happiness, her scowl deepening as Santana started to sway at the rhythm of Dancing Queen.

"It's 6.30 am, why the fuck are you so happy?" Harper muttered, not having the mental energy to actually put effort into speaking normally. Santana only chuckled at her, getting used to her bad mood in the mornings.

Harper wasn't a morning person. Not really a night person, either. Usually, Harper hated everything about the world, that's why she became a cop and try to make London a little better. She hated Santana the least.