letter 6

Ayo, Santana!

It's fine, good luck with your exams! What do you do, design a coat or something? Not trying to be disrespectful, I really have no idea how things work.

And sorry, but this will be an even messier letter than usual, injured my hand and my handwriting got a lot more fucked up. But I'll try my best for you.

Your friend may be right, being a sniper expert is difficult, but I like challenges. And your brother sounds like a menace, I like him already. My mum always told me I was a disgrace to Earth, whenever I kicked a ball through the window. But playing football in the garden with the lads was always worth getting yelled at, and she's a lovely woman. Sometimes I miss her.

I don't know when you will receive this letter, but happy 6th month anniversary, Santana! On the very day I'm writing this, it's been exactly six months since I got your first letter. So, we officially reached the best friend zone! I don't have that many friends, because here everything is temporary. A lot of them died or got sent away on another mission, but you stayed the longest so far. So, whether you like it or not, we're best friends now!

Answering your question about our free time, usually, we don't have that much to begin with. But in it, we just chill in the common room, playing cards or watching some sports on the TV, if the base has one.

And about your mentally challenging part... Well, I don't know. I always wanted to be a soldier, so I kinda knew what I was signing myself up for. It's hard, especially when we can't save everyone, and I doubt I'll ever get used to it. But one of my friends (because I still have a few besides you) said, 'As long as you're still feeling anything, it's good. The problem starts when you're numb.' So I try to stick to that, y'know. But sometimes I wish I could just turn off my emotions.

Your new best friend,

Johnny