letter 5

Dear Johnny,

Sorry for messing your name up, but as I mentioned, I thought I'm writing to a 40-year-old. The necessary politeness was mandatory. But I can come up with a new name for you!

I've only seen snipers in movies, and it looks so hard. My friend, Harper says it's one of the most difficult things out there. She only knows because she wanted to be a soldier, too, but she had to stay in America with her sick mother, so police life it was. You would get along with my brother well, he likes chaos and blowing things up, too. For years, he tried to make the most efficient Mentos-Coca-cola volcano, always trying to make it bigger and better. My mom was pretty pissed, but I love that dork no matter what.

Well, London is a lot more fun than I thought it be! Fashion school has so much drama, and I only arrived like three months ago. It's crazy how many people could hate each other based on only their fashion sense. There are a lot of parties, too, it's so cool that I can legally drink here! But I just found out I hate whiskey, it made me hate my life.

Movie-wise I think you didn't miss that much. I'm going to see the new Marvel movie with my friend, Harper (the one I mentioned before) because the male lead is hot. Oh, and I just started watching Breaking bad, it's so good! So should definitely give it a go if you can (I have no idea how it works for you guys, do you can just scroll on Instagram at the end of the day??)

Also, isn't it mentally challenging to be a soldier? You don't need to answer this, I'm just curious. You seem so cheery in your letters. It's hard to believe you're really out there, putting your life on the line and still can enjoy the little things. You can tell me if I'm pushing you and I'll stop, I don't want to cause you any trauma or something. I'm sure things are hard enough for you already.

Best wishes,

Santana

PS: Oh, I almost forgot again! My letters will probably take a little more time, I'm just falling into my exams. So I don't know how quickly I'll be able to write back, but I'll try my best! I can't just abandon my new friend!