letter 15

Howdy, Tana!

Bloody hell, you wrote me a whole ass novel! How lovely!

But seriously, I'm happy and sad at the same time as I read it again. Spending time with your dad and quitting school is good, I'm glad you took my advice. I'm usually right. I'm just great.

But I can't wait to meet your landlord and kick a few teeth of his. He can't talk to a lady like that. Just give me his name and I'll handle it.

And about your boyfriend: I'm taking your side on this. As a man, I know some things, but in this case I feel dumb, so I'll tell you one thing (and it may be cheesy as fuck, but just bear with me): listen to your heart. It tells you everything you need to know. It's fine if you don't want to move in with him just yet, he needs to understand.

And the bowling center sounds fucking good, I'm looking forward to it! Will they have those really cool bars, too? I've seen one in Mexico, they had a lot of little string-light things (you probably know what I'm talking about), and these really sick colorful shot glasses. I broke one but they didn't notice it was me.

I'm fine, by the way. We'll go on a mission to Russia tomorrow, so I won't be able to write you from there. I can't really talk much about it, and I don't know when I'll be back. But until then, keep me updated!

Don't forget me completely.

Johnny

PS: I like your long letters, they make a good bedtime story. Oh, and the address of our base is up top, so you can send some if you want. There is a nice lady who will pack that away for me, she always does this with other soldiers. I'm looking forward for your letters!