the last letter

My Sweet Santana,

If you're reading this, I think things didn't go as planned. And I'm deeply sorry for this.

I broke my promise and it breaks my heart. Even if I'm, you know... Dead, when you read this.

I wrote this letter just in case something happens to me and I couldn't say goodbye to you. I never wanted to say goodbye. I wanted to be right by your side and watch you grow old. I wanted to buy flowers for you every day till my bones perish. But it looks like destiny had something else planned out for me.

You were the greatest thing in my life. My most sacred treasure. Thank you for stepping into my life. I'll be forever grateful to every god that's willing to listen to me for ever getting the chance of knowing you. The days I had the fortune to spend with you were the happiest days of my life.

I know it's a hard task, but I want you to promise something for me. One last thing. Even if I won't know if you ever kept it, I'll trust you with this one.

Live your life, sweetheart. I want you to be happy, even if that means forgetting me. I want you to know that I'll always be with you but I need you to be happy and live a full life. I want you to travel. I want you to enjoy every ray of sunshine and every drop of rain. Go visit that forest we found the last time I saw you. I'll be with you whenever you glance at the sky. If you ever miss me, all you have to do is look up. You'll never be alone, baby.

I never wanted you to read this letter but at least I got to say my goodbyes to you.

I love you more than anything. I loved you silently for years and I never stopped loving you till my last heartbeat.

Yours forever,

Johnny