Chapter 4

Maddox POV

What the fuck was I doing right now?

I was not only driving him home now, but I had let someone into my car that I barely knew for more than two hours, all because of that fucking bruise on his jaw.

Every time I saw this guy, he had something fresh on his face, which was starting to piss me off the more I looked at it, I didn't need to think hard to know someone was doing this to him on purpose.

A parent? A friend? Fuck the list was endless, but I didn't expect him to tell me who anytime soon, it was pretty fucking obvious he didn't want anyone in his business, which I get because I would feel the same way if I was him.

Shit, if I was him this would never have happened, but he's not me, and that's why he came to me, which makes me feel more conflicted to look out for the guy, for reasons I didn't understand.

He was a good kid, he did what I told him to, and he did it without bother, he was weak as shit and had no stamina whatsoever, but he had that determination and willpower to push through, and that's what I started to like about him.

Look at me, being all soft and shit about this guy.

"Where do you live?" I ask, looking over to him, once I'm out of the carpark.

He started messing with his phone before he showed me his beat-up phone, the front screen was smashed but I could clearly see where he lived as he showed me a map, with directions to where he lived.

Taking a mental note, I nod my head and start to drive into the direction of his house, ignoring that insane feeling in my head that screams at me to just leave this guy alone, and just train him, nothing else.

Yet for some unknown reason I just couldn't drop it, I had to offer him a fucking ride home like a real nice guy, when I was anything but, I was simply an asshole, I liked few people and even then, I found it hard to be around them.

Theo was quiet, minded his own business and never asked questions, maybe that's why I didn't mind being around him?

It would explain what the fuck I'm doing with him right now, that's for sure.

"T-Thanks by the way." He started to say, mumbling as I looked at him as we hit a red light.

"For taking me home..." I saw him blush, making me clench my jaw as I turned and focused on the red light, just wanting it to turn green already.

"It's no problem, it's the least I could do for pushing you this hard." I said, making him smile at me just as the light turned green.

"You didn't, I'm just not used to working out, I... I don't really like sports." He said, a cringe in his tone, making me laugh out.

"No shit."

"What do you do then, if not work out?" I ask, tapping my finger against the steering wheel, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"I play games, or code... um, that's pretty much all I do." He said, slightly embarrassed by the fact.

Games and code? So, he's one of those guys, and now it makes sense from the t-shirt he showed up in on Saturday, I thought it looked familiar, but I don't know games, so I wasn't sure.

"What about you?" He asked shyly, as I bit my lip from smiling. "What do you do for fun?"

Fuck, what did I do other than work out? I rarely drank and I never went out unless it was for a one-night stand or to go for a run, my life was shit compared to his, which didn't sound that bad, it sounded normal.