Chapter 51

Theo's POV

I had left my apartment with Maddox, then we had gotten into his flashy car.

I felt out of place sitting in the car with him, his life was even more exciting and glamorous now and here I was with him, a very known celebrity, on our way to eat breakfast together.

Even though I used to date Maddox, it still felt like an out of body experience being around him.

"So, what is this place you want to show me?" I asked, as I peeked at Maddox from the corner of my eye.

He looked so handsome driving, I almost forgot how it felt doing things like this with him, it was hard to look at him, because even after all this time, I was still that Theo I tried too hard to get rid of.

I hated that I was shy only around him, it felt even worse that Maddox had noticed.

"It's not exactly a place, it's a food truck." He said, pulling into a carpark.

"Oh." I hummed out as he parked his car and then turned it off, turning to look at me as he took off his seatbelt.

We both got out of the car and I went to stand near Maddox as he slipped on a cap over his head, and pulling his hood up over it as we started to walk.

It was still early, so the chances of Maddox being seen and noticed this early was rare, but then again, Maddox stood out, not only from his build, but his height, and the moment you saw his face, he was instantly noticeable.

Hiding it the way he was, was just asking people to 'hey, look at me, I'm famous'.

"Is it okay if I hold your hand?" Maddox suddenly asks, making me freeze mid step.

I blinked and looked at him, confused from what he just said.

"H-Huh?" I said dumbly, making him laugh huskily as his dark eyes bore into me.

"Your hand." He took his hands from his jacket pocket and held out his left hand. "The truck isn't far, and nobody will see if you're worried about that."

I swallowed hard and looked at his hand, and as much as I wanted to reach and take it, my hand started sweating and then I started panicking.

Why was I so lame around him? I seriously felt like without trying I was embarrassing myself.

Why did Maddox want to hold my hand? "Um... what if somebody sees us?" I had to ask, after-all, Maddox was a straight guy in the media, who dated models, and who just broke up with Carly Fraiser, everyone's 'sweetheart'.

"Won't it be... bad?" I forced out, as Maddox frowned.

Maddox had reached out and had taken my hand in his and intertwined our fingers together and then started walking, holding my hand in his and putting our hands inside his pocket to keep our hands warm.

"There's nothing bad about holding hands with someone I love." He scoffed out, as I felt my hand sweat even more, as my belly does a flip at his words.

"I don't give a shit, and neither should you."

He says that but...

I couldn't compete with someone like Carly Fraiser, I was just a nobody, thirteen years younger than Maddox, and a guy.

There was also the fact that I had no idea what this even was, but here I was, holding his hand and getting breakfast with him at 8 AM in the morning.

There were people walking past us, some paying us no mind, but some looking at us like they knew something I didn't, and although I was openly out as gay, it still made me nervous showing affection in public, especially with Maddox, who was very famous, and well known.