Chapter 27

Theo's POV

Two days went by in a blink of an eye, and it was finally the day I got to see Maddox.

After going to my classes and hanging out with my new friends, it was finally the day I had been looking forward to, ever since Maddox left for Vegas two week ago, for his big fight, which he won.

Maddox always phoned me good morning, and phoned me goodnight as the days passed on, and it was becoming more difficult to hide from my roommate, Marcus.

Nobody out of my new friend group knew I was dating a guy, and a famous one at that, so it became hard to talk to them about why I couldn't let them use my phone or explain why I needed privacy on the phone.

I was dating Maddox Zane, even if I told my friends, would they even believe me?

"Theo, let's go out tonight, it's Friday and I seriously need to destress after today." My friend Emily said, as she groaned out beside me.

"What about that new cocktail place around the corner?" Ben suggests, as Emily smiled wide.

"Yeah! Let's do it!"

"So, you in Theo?" Ben asks, as I smile apologetically.

"Sorry, I can't..." I said, making them both frown, as Marcus puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Theo's meeting his girlfriend tonight, aren't you?" He said, making me pale as Emily and Ben gape.

"You're dating someone?" Emily huffs out. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Marcus... why did he bring that up? Most importantly, how did he come to the conclusion of me having a girlfriend?

Did he hear something, when I was on the phone with Maddox?

"I-It's nothing like that." I tell them, as they roll their eyes, waving me off.

"Bring them along them if it's not like that, everyone likes cocktails!" Emily said, as the rest of them nodded.

I didn't even need to ask Maddox if he wanted to come tonight, I knew from speaking to him that he wanted to spend time with me, alone, so I wasn't going to ask him.

Even if he did somehow want to come, how the hell do I explain Maddox to my friends? And what if people saw him? Which they would, he stood out in a crowd of hundreds, with his tattoos and build... not to mention how handsome he was.

"S-Sorry, I promised I'd hang out with them, so..." I cringed out, not liking it either, but I was at a loss of what else to say, I didn't want to lie.

"W-Well, I'm off to the gym, I'll text you all later." I said to them, as I gripped my backpack with my gym gear inside.

"I still can't believe you choose to work out." Marcus shivers out, making the others laugh as they smile and wave at me.

"Bye Theo!" Emily said, waving as I started walking away, grabbing my phone out of my pocket.

I started texting Maddox, who should be landing any minute now at the airport.

Me: I just finished my last class for the day, I'm walking to the gym now... I can't wait to see you!

I was so excited, and nervous, and a thousand other emotions when I thought about seeing Maddox after two weeks apart, I found it hard to stand still knowing that I was mere hours away from seeing him.

I still couldn't believe my boyfriend was Maddox, and that I was his boyfriend, just a simple nerd who happened to one day stroll into the gym and be paired with him as my trainer.