Chapter 25

Theo's POV

It's been two weeks since I last saw Maddox, and since then I've found a place to stay on campus, and I've made a friend.

Marcus Ford, who is also my roommate at university, the first week moving in together felt awkward and strange, we didn't speak much unless we accidently bumped into each other outside the bathroom hall.

Once I saw Marcus play Warhammer and asked if he'd like to play with me, we both spent our nights playing until morning, and in the process, we learned a lot about each other, and I learned that we had a lot in common.

He was studying engineering whilst I was studying programming, we'll both be going the same way to classes which was also a relief to hear, and also the fact that the distance between our apartment and the school was a ten-minute walk.

It felt like such a long time ago that I was curled up on the bathroom floor at school, wishing my life was over, if only I could tell myself that things would get better, and that not all people are bad.

I'd graduated from high school, and I didn't have to see any of the faces of my torments ever again, it was a fresh start for me, and one I was looking forward to.

Still, it's been two weeks since I've spoken to Maddox, unless you counted texting and sometimes voice recordings, he left me when he didn't have time to send me a text back, which I will admit, I played them over a lot, just to hear his voice.

Was I allowed to miss Maddox? Yes, yes, I was, because to my complete surprise, we were now dating.

I, Theodore Banks was dating a professional kickboxer, a famous kickboxer that even Marcus knew who he was, and Marcus was just like me, someone who preferred games over sports.

Maddox was fighting tonight, so I made sure that nothing was going to stop me from watching him fight, as it would be the first time as a couple that I would be seeing him fight, and not from a fan's perspective.

I couldn't wait, I wanted to tell Marcus that Maddox was my boyfriend, but I knew that I wasn't ready for that kind of information to get out, especially since classes will be starting Monday, and I didn't want anyone to know just yet.

There was still four hours until his fight, and every time an hour goes by, I check my phone to see if he texted me back, after I wished him luck for tonight's fight.

Maddox has been so good for me, after my parents divorced and sold the house, I had only spoken to them once after I moved into an apartment close to university, they gave me the reason why they couldn't contact me, and it was the same reason they used for everything.

'Work'.

I now know it was just because they wanted nothing to do with me, now that their marriage had fallen apart, I would always be a constant reminder of how loveless, and terrible parents they were to me.

I had Maddox, and I was making friends, it was a step up from having nobody, and nothing to be happy about.

My phone buzzed and I quickly leaned over my bed to see who it was, my excitement rising once I see who it was.

Maddox: Thanks Theo, make sure you cheer loud enough so I can hear you all the way from Vegas

I couldn't help but blush as I typed him back quickly, before he disappears again.

Me: That's embarrassing... and I'm sure they'll be enough girls cheering for you tonight once you win

I hated that once I sent it, I read it back and it read as though I was jealous... and in a way, I was, not of Maddox, but of the girls, and everyone who got to be there to watch him fight, as I couldn't because of classes starting in two days.