Chapter 41

Theo's POV

I laid flat on the floor and let out a long sigh as I closed my eyes and tried to catch my breath.

Tony and I have been in the gym for almost three hours now, and since the moment I got here, he's been sparring with me, and training me in his home gym, at his family house, where he took most of his clients to train.

"You good?" Tony asks, I opened my eyes and saw him smirking down at me, wiping his forehead with a towel.

Was I good? "Yeah, just need a moment." I don't know what I was.

He laughed out and held out his hand to help me up, I took his hand and stood to my feet, then I walked over to where my water bottle, bag and phone was, and sat down on the bench.

"You sure you don't want to try going pro?" He asked, coming to stand next to me. "You'd make a kickass fighter, your punches are getting sweet, and your form is almost perfect."

I looked at my phone and saw Arthur had tried ringing me twice, not too long ago, I then looked at Tony and wondered why he was bringing this up again.

Tony was a great fighter, and he trained me just like Maddox did, he pushed me to be the best I can be and working out with him was easy, I liked coming here, his gym was kind of like a getaway for me

"You know this is just for fun, I'm not... I have no time for that with my job." I told him as he hummed out.

"How's that going?" He asks. "Everything good at home too?"

I shrug and grab my towel out my bag to wipe my face. "I just finished a four-month project this morning and my parents..."

"My mom remarried last weekend and my dad... I see him for dinner every other week."

I was surprised when my mom called me, inviting me to her wedding, I didn't even know she was dating until that moment, she didn't give me a chance to talk and she spoke about this guy's children, and how amazing they all were, accepting her into their family.

It made me feel sick, I told her I couldn't make it, I then congratulated her then hung up the phone.

The last time I saw my dad, he didn't mention any change in her either, or although my dad was seeing someone, he was still on good speaking terms with my mom, only to rebuild their relationship with me.

"That sucks man, I'm sorry."

I laugh and grab my bag as I go to stand up and put it over my shoulder. "Don't be."

"What about Arthur, things all good there? My wife keeps bugging me about having you both over for dinner." He said, eye rolling at the last part, as I picture his petite wife nagging at him, in all her sassy glory.

"Things are... going fast I guess." I shrug, as we walked outside his garage that was remodelled into his gym. "He wants to move in with me."

"I take it you don't want that, from the look on your face." He grinned, as I gave him a warning look.

I wonder what look he was talking about? Honestly, whenever I thought about Arthur moving in with me, I really just want to avoid it altogether, to the point where I really don't want him to live with me.

Arthur is great, but he moved stuff around, to how he liked it, even going as far as to fold my underwear in my draws, I thought it was amusing at first, but now it's just weird and I don't know why, but it bugs me that he likes to go into all my stuff and change it.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, and I know it's him, and I know why he's calling me, as it was almost time for us to go and meet his mom for lunch, something I really didn't want to do, but had to, to make this relationship work.