7) The homecoming hangover

Ava rushed to the girls after finding out where they were in tears storming in. "What did you do, what did you do" Ava asked. "Ava" Hanna said.

"What did you do where is he where's my brother" Ava asked.

"Ava, we thought he was" Aria said. "A yeah I know it's like all you talk about along with you thinking he's a pervert" Ava said.

"You believe everything that comes out of Ali's mouth don't you" Ava asked. "Ava" Emily said hurt. "Did you ever stop to think how this would affect me now that you ran him out of Rosewood running for the hills" Ava asked.

"What are you talking about" Hanna asked. "You really wanna know" Ava asked. "Of course, we do your, our best friend" Spencer said.

"Toby's my guardian okay my dad doesn't have custody of me neither does my stepmother don't ask me how that works because I have no idea, but my mother wanted Toby to have custody of me if anything ever happened to me" Ava said.

"What why" Emily asked. "I never knew until one day I did, and I noticed things I've never noticed before. "Things" Aria asked.

"My dad barely pays attention to the fact I exist he can barely look at me and if he does pay attention to me he gives me a hard time Toby's the only one who truly loves me in that house he's the only one who cares for me protects me like a brother should in fact he promised me that when he could he would get a place of his own and we would get out of there not daring to look back" Ava said.

"Ava we're so sorry" Spencer said. "Don't be you didn't know I didn't want you to" Ava said. "Why not" Aria asked. "You all have your own secrets to worry about" Ava said.

"Okay but you're our best friend we care about you okay we do you can talk to us about anything no matter how big or how little the secret is" Hanna said and Ava nodded.

"That's not all" Ava said. "What else is there" Spencer asked. "It's like my dad knows something about me something big" Ava said. "Like what" Spencer asked. "I have no idea" Ava said.

>>>

Ava had gone to the Montgomery House and knocked on the door. Ella answered the door and saw Ava. "Ava lovely to see you as always come in" Ella said and Ava did.

"Mike, Aria, Ava's here" Ella yelled. "What brings you by" Ella asked. "Just came by to see Mike and Aria" Ava said and Ella nodded.

Mike and Aria both had come down the stairs and went towards Ava. "I'll give you three some privacy" Ella said and left to give them privacy.

"Ava hey" Aria said. "Hey Avs" Mike said. "Wow this is so weird" Ava said. "What is" Aria asked. "Talking to you two at the same time" Ava said. "Oh, right we never done that before" Aria said.

"No never" Ava said. "How's things at home" Mike asked Ava. "I wouldn't know I been crashing at a hotel" Ava said and sat down and Mike sat next to her.

"Things really are that bad" Aria asked sitting next to her. "They didn't even realize I was gone if anyone noticed it be Jenna, but she wouldn't care pretty sure she knows what the big secret is whatever it is" Ava said.

"Well, you can't stay at a hotel" Mike said. "Till Toby gets back or if he gets back, I don't really have a choice" Ava said and Aria got an idea.

"Mom" Aria said and left. "Hey, he will come back he's your brother" Mike said. "And what if he doesn't" Ava asked. "He will he loves you" Mike said. "Mike" Ava said.

"Look if he doesn't, I'll keep you safe like I always do" Mike said and Ava smiled.

Mike was about to lean in to kiss her when Aria walked in, and he quickly stopped what he was doing.

"Mom said you could stay with us until Toby gets back, you'll be sharing with me till then" Aria said.

"You didn't have to do that" Ava said. "Of course, I did I care about you your, my best friend more Mike's probably but that's not the point we care about you okay and we don't want to see you hurt or see anything happen to you" Aria said and Ava smiled. "Okay thanks" Ava said, and Aria smiled at her.

>>>

Ava had gone to the game with Mike and Byron to watch Mike play while Ella and Aria stayed behind. "So, I hear your staying with us for a while until your brother gets back" Byron said to Ava.

"Yeah, Aria and I will be sharing a room till then" Ava said. "How come you can't stay at home with your dad" Byron asked. "It's a long story" Ava said. "How so" Byron asked.

"Well, the short version is he barely acknowledges the fact that I exist he barely looks at me almost like he knows something about me that I don't" Ava said and didn't notice the knowing look on Byron's face.

"Well, I'm sorry to bring it up but you are welcome to stay as long as you like" Byron said and Ava smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Montgomery" Ava said, and they continued to watch Mike play.

>>>

After school Aria had told Ava what happened with Mike at school. Ava had gone up to Mike's room seeing his door wide open and saw him lying on the bed.

Ava softly knocked on the door and Mike looked seeing Ava. "Ava" Mike said.

"Hey, I heard about what happened at school" Ava said. "Are you okay" Ava asked and Mike shook his head.

Ava had gone to him and laid in front of him. Mike laid his head on her shoulder just needing her to be with him as he played with her hair.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.