23) eye of the beholder

"Well, he recognized the coat" Aria said sitting next to Ava. "But when he saw it first, he thought it was Alison" Aria said. "Vivian" Spencer said.

"When we noticed you didn't come back, he was gone" Emily said. "He was cute from the back" Hanna said. 

"And so was his front under different circumstances he's been in Florida for like a year" Aria said. "Florida wonder why he came back" Ava said.

"You don't even like Florida you say it's too hot" Aria said. "So. I can be curious" Ava said.

"What did you tell him exactly" Spencer asked. "Uh I told him that I was a friend of Vivian's and that I hadn't seen her since she gave me the coat" Aria said.

"Can I see that number again" Spencer asked. "Yeah" Aria said giving it to her. "Thanks" Spencer said looking at the number. "Duncan Albert" Spencer said.

"He said he met her in Brookhaven" Emily asked. "Yeah, in a bookstore couple places down from that creepy doll hospital" Aria said.

"I'm getting Scooby doo vibes except scarier" Ava said. "Well, whoever Duncan is he's connected to Alison and what she wanted in Brookhaven" Spencer said.

"How do we know that he wasn't just some guy she flirted with in a bookstore" Emily asked.

"I don't think Alison waisted Vivian on flirting when she put that wig on she wanted something" Spencer said.

"The very something we want" Ava said. "She was looking for A" Hanna said. "Duncan was part of that trail" Emily said. "I'll call him" Aria said.

"Aria you don't have to" Spencer said. "Any one of us could've been wearing that coat" Emily said.

"But it was me" Aria said and Spencer looked over seeing a familiar car. The girls soon looked as well and they saw Jenna get out of the car and Spencer got up looking at the car.

"Oh crap forgot about that" Ava said seeing Toby helping Jenna. "She had the operation" Hanna said.

Toby saw Ava and smiled giving her a small wave. Ava smiled at him and waved back. Ava saw Toby was still avoiding Spencer and sighed. "Spence" Aria said, and Spencer sat back down.

>>>

"So, Jenna had her surgery" Ava said to Toby. "Yeah" Toby said. "How did it go" Ava asked. "As well as you expect I suppose" Toby said.

"You ever gonna talk to Spencer again" Ava asked. "I don't know" Toby said.

"Toby you love her I know you do I know the look" Ava said. "Ava" Toby said.

"Just think about it at least" Ava said. "Please for me" Ava added after a moment for silence. "I'll think about it okay now go you don't want to be late" Toby said.

"Thanks bro" Ava said and kissed his cheek in a sisterly way before leaving.

>>>

"It's really old like six months but it works pretty good for an antique the number bills to my account, so your mom never has to know" Mona said. "Ugh Mona you are a lifesaver" Hanna said.

"Well what's the point in doing something for someone if it doesn't make you look good" Mona said.

"Or just to do it to be a good person" Ava said. "That too" Mona said.

"I'm already number one on speed dial Ciao" Mona said and left. "If only we could harness Mona's sense of entitlement we could light the Eastern seaboard" Spencer said.

"Yeah well I don't care I got a new phone and didn't have to go through Caleb he's safe in Montecito" Hanna said.

"Good he deserves a break from all of this" Ava said.