5) daddy

Ava was with the girls being unusually quiet as they discussed Ian's suicide note they found. "Is this a suicide note or confession" Aria asked.

"It's both" Spencer said. "Emily how do you have this" Aria asked. "I sent it to her I took a picture with my phone before we called the cops" Hanna said. "It's weird" Emily said.

"Why would Ian kill himself just as he was about to skip town with Melissa" Emily asked.

"Maybe he realized he was gonna get caught he couldn't hide forever even with Melissa and Wren's help" Spencer said and Aria noticed Ava being quiet.

"He was probably desperate" Aria said. "Look who cares why Ian did it the important thing is Ali's killer is dead" Hanna said. 

"Guys why is Ava so quiet" Emily asked. "I don't know she came over like that" Spencer said.

"Ava" Aria said, and Ava faced her. "What's wrong did something happen" Aria asked. "I was heading out yesterday when I knocked over some forms on the floor" Ava said.

"What about them" Hanna asked. "When I went to pick them up and put them back, I happened to come across my birth certificate along with my adoption papers I'm not a Cavanaugh I'm a DiLaurentis Jason's daughter actually" Ava said causing the girls to look each other as Ava noticed.

"Wait a second" Ava said realizing they knew. "You all knew, and you didn't tell me" Ava said angrily.

"I found out by A and then I told them" Aria said making Ava look at her upset before facing the girls again. "We didn't know how to tell you" Spencer said.

"Here's an idea say hey by the way your dad's not your dad and by the way you're a DiLaurentis" Ava said.

"Ava we just know how much you love your brother we just weren't sure how'd you take it once you found out the truth" Emily said and Ava sighed.

"Still would've been nice hearing from you guys than finding out my own" Ava said.

"We know and we're sorry" Hanna said. "It's fine but I think I need to be alone for a little bit take all this in" Ava said.

"Take all the time you need" Spencer said and Ava got up and left. "Think she'll be okay" Hanna asked. "Hard to tell" Emily said. "Imagine if it was one of us" Aria said.

>>>

Ava knocked on Mona's door waiting patiently when Mona opened the door and Mona noticed Ava's face.

"Ava what happened are you okay" Mona asked. "I'm a DiLaurentis" Ava said.

"What" Mona said. "I'm not a Cavanaugh I never was" Ava said and Mona pulled Ava inside hugging her.

>>>

"Wait so your dad's not your dad and your moms not your mom which means Toby's not your brother" Mona asked. "No, they're still my parents just not blood related which means Toby's my adoptive brother" Ava said.

"How did you find out" Mona asked. "I was heading out when I knocked some forms down and when I went to pick them up, I saw my birth certificate and my adoption papers" Ava said.

"Aw Ava" Mona said. "At least it explains why my dad can barely look at me I'm a DiLaurentis" Ava said.

"So, Jason's your dad" Mona asked and Ava nodded. "Have you talked to him" Mona asked.

"No, I wanted to see you before I headed that way" Ava said. "Hey, no matter what happens you're still a Cavanaugh maybe not blood but at heart okay your just half DiLaurentis as well" Mona said.

"You still my friend even knowing I'm Alison's niece" Ava asked.

"Are you kidding of course I am okay it's you and me forever this changed nothing" Mona said and Ava hugged Mona.

"Thanks Mona" Ava said. "Always" Mona said and pulled away from the hug. "Now go talk to Jason get some answers" Mona said. "I will I'll see you later" Ava said and left.

>>>

Ava decided to take Mona's advice and went to see the one person who still had no idea about the news that would change his life forever.

Holding her birth certificate in her hand Ava walked up to the DiLaurentis house for the first time since she hasn't stepped foot there since Ali's disappearance.

Ava knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes. Jason opened the door and saw Ava surprised to see her.

"Ava" Jason said, and Ava smiled. "Hi" Ava said. "What are you doing here" Jason asked.

"I uh found out something and I'm not sure if you knew but uh" Ava said. "Ava what's on why are you so nervous" Jason asked, and Ava took a breath.

"I'm your daughter" Ava said. "What" Jason said confused and Ava shown him the proof he needed.

Once Jason saw it, he looked at Ava then back at the forms going back and forth.

Till he eventually just looked at Ava seeing she was indeed his daughter. "I never knew" Jason said. "Well, that's a good thing I mean it's not good it's just that if you knew that would mean you gave me up" Ava said.

"No, I promise I didn't if I knew I would've fought for you till my last breath" Jason said and Ava nodded.

>>>

"Wait my mom gave me up and didn't give you a say don't you have to sign your rights" Ava asked.

"She tricked me into signing my rights away saying she wanted my name as a tattoo" Jason said.

"You like coffee" Jason asked. "No hate it" Ava said. "How are you my kid" Jason asked and sat down.

"Why did she trick you into giving me up if she didn't want me why didn't she just give you full custody" Ava asked. "We were young when we had you, she didn't think I would be a good dad she believed that giving you up was your best chance" Jason said.

"Well, she was wrong my father I mean my adoptive father can barely look at me and I think it's because I'm your daughter" Ava said.

"I didn't know what she was planning until it was too late, I went out for a moment to get your mother something to eat and by the time I came back she was gone taking you with her she didn't even give me a chance to prove myself" Jason said.

"So now what, what happens now" Ava asked. "I don't know this is all new to me, but I would like to get to know you I want to be a part of your life I want to know my daughter" Jason said.

"Maybe I can arrange something with Toby we can do weekly lunch, or I can stay with you on the weekends there has to be something we can do" Ava said.

"Does your brother know" Jason asked. "No but I'm going to tell him it'll be hard, but he has to know he's my brother even if we don't share the same DNA" Ava said.

"Just because I'm your dad doesn't mean anything has to change it just means that you don't share the same blood, like you thought you did but no matter what he's still your brother" Jason said. "Thanks" Ava said, and Jason nodded.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.