𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 & 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa sat watching the TV in a chair in a random car, she hadn't seen her brother or Finnick for a while and hadn't seen Mags either since she departed. It had only been a few hours, and the sun was now going down. She was watching The Reaping on the television for other districts.

She noticed more sixteen-year-olds being picked rather than twelve years old's, which was good, but not for her in the long run. Then again, if she died in the games, she wouldn't mind.

"Hungry?" Finnick walked into the room and Koa stood up.

"Yes, where's the food?" Koa asked.

He looked at her dress up and down. "Uh, just follow me." Finnick smiled, gesturing behind him with his thumbs on both his hands, but waited for her to return a smile, but when she didn't- he walked off. She followed far behind.

She sat down at the table, noticing Finnick, Mags, and the woman with the makeup on.

"I'll be your guide around the capitol, these two will be your mentors." The woman with makeup said, gesturing to all three of them with the respected titles. Koa took a quick glance at the three, looking at the woman who spoke last.

"Sorry, what's your name?" Koa asked, and the woman looked at her and laughed it off, thinking she was joking, but once realizing it was a real question, she cut the laughter off.

"You can call me Aurelia." She smiled and Koa nodded, immediately digging into the food, everyone else following. Koa would glance up at the TV every now and then, The Reaping was being broadcasted everywhere for everyone to see, and she sneaked a few glances to see the rest of who she would be up against.

"Your brother ate a bit earlier, you two don't seem to get along at all," Finnick chuckled a bit and Koa just nodded. They sat in a short silence, Finnick eyed her a bit, wanting to try to continue a conversation. "You're sixteen?"

"Yes."

"What weapon do you think you're going to use?" He put down his fork.

"A spear. Double pointed preferably." Koa wiped her mouth with a napkin, finishing up.

"I used a trident in my games." Finnick smiled and Koa looked up at him across the table, nodding.

"I saw."

"Right." Finnick had hoped she would've at least cracked a smile at him by now, but she hasn't. As the group of them finished up their meals, he took a few quick glances at the girl across from him. She had some freckles laid across her face, perfect skin, and beautiful brown eyes. He couldn't help but admire her, until Mags smacked his arm from under the table.

"I'm going to take a nap. Thank you for the food." Koa bowed her head and the three sitting at the table glanced at one another, looking at the girl who was now gone.