𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐯𝐬 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"Do you want me to go in with you?" Koa asked Katniss, and she shook her head. The two girls stood outside the garden, Paylor had given them permission to go and see Snow.

Katniss walked inside, the guards letting her through, internally wishing her luck.

She knew what Snow would say to her. 

Koa wondered about the victors meeting, held after this.

Who would say yes? Who would say no? Rhosyn, Finnick, and herself didn't mention anything about it to anybody to avoid being a target of Coin.

It was a few moments later when Katniss stormed out of the garden, Koa thought she would run right past her, but Katniss tackled her into a hug. Crying into her shoulder.

"Katniss, I'm sorry." Koa held Katniss.

"I was used." Katniss cried. Koa didn't answer. She practically was. Coin put her on the face of the rebellion, got to the Capitol, and practically dumped her out of the equation when she had everything she wanted. "They killed my sister."

"What are we going to do?" Koa asked. Katniss pulled away, confused. "We can't just let this happen. The victors meeting, I'll be with you whatever you say."

"Okay." Katniss was confused. But Koa just took her hand and led her inside the mansion.

"I need to tell you something." Koa said, ready to mention the designers.

"What is this?" Katniss and Koa walked into the room. Katniss was deadpanned after learning a bunch of new information. There was an empty seat between Haymitch and Finnick, so she took a seat there.

"The remaining victors." Coin said. "Sit, please." 

Koa looked around. 

Enobaria, Katniss, Haymitch, Rhosyn, Finnick, Beetee, Annie, Mags, Peeta, and herself. That was it.

She was reminded she killed so many of the victors. Finnick scooted a bit closer to her and put a hand on her thigh, knowing exactly what she was getting teary eyed about.

She was forced. She was forced. She kept telling herself.

The image of her shooting her father was lingering in her mind.

"I have an announcement." Coin said. "I will be taking the honor and burden of declaring myself as interim President of Panem."

Haymitch laughed to himself, and Koa cracked a smile, but covered it with her hand, looking at him.

"Interim?" Haymitch asked. "Exactly how long is that?"

"We have no way of knowing for certain. But it's clear the people are far too emotional right now to make a rational decision." Coin kept a blank stare on, staring at Haymitch. "We'll plan an official election when the time is right."

"Okay." Koa whispered, and Coin shot a quick glance at her, and she straightened in her seat. 

"I have called you here for a far more important vote. A symbolic vote."

"This afternoon, we will execute Snow, hundreds of his accomplices, peacekeepers, Capitol officials, game makers also await their deaths. The danger is once we begin, the rebels revenge will not end. Thirst for blood which will be difficult to satisfy."

Koa put her hand on Finnick's squeezing his hand. He flipped his hand and held hers, interlocking their fingers.

"I would like to offer an alternative plan. Majority vote. We will hold a symbolic Hunger Games."