𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Knocking.

"Come in." Koa yelled out. Turning to see President Paylor standing in the doorway. "Paylor, congratulations!" Koa hugged Paylor, and Paylor smiled. "I trust you'll run everything smoothly and how it's meant to be ran."

"I will try my best." Paylor said. "I did have a question." Koa tilted her head a bit, confused.

"Due to everything, we have some rankings we need filled. I need an overseer for the military in District 2. You were the first person to come to mind. That or, becoming a military captain." Paylor smiled, and Koa hesitantly nodded.

The President looked behind the girl, seeing a bunch of bags packed on the bed. 

"Unless, you were planning of leaving?" Paylor asked.

"All my life has been about fighting, I think I want to settle down, you know?" Koa said. "I've never known much outside of that, never lived in peace. Finnick and I are going back to District 4 to settle in there."

Koa apologized, but Paylor shook her head.

"No need to apologize, you deserve to live life in peace from now on." Paylor rested a hand on Koa's shoulder. "If you need anything from us, please let me know. I'll be sure to directly accommodate you."

"Thanks, Paylor."

"What's Ms. Hart going to do?" She took her hand off Koa's shoulder.

"She's coming back to District Four too, but she's going to help Carine Everdeen with medical stuff in the district." Koa said.

"I hope you three are able to find your place and move on."

"Thank you, it means a lot."

"I pardoned Katniss, she is being transported to District 12 with Haymitch." Paylor said. "Thought you would want to know."

"What about Peeta?" Koa asked. "Have you seen him?"

"Peeta is staying in the Capitol for a few more days to get treated properly. Thirteen didn't exactly give him the best care."

"Yeah, they didn't." Koa said, crossing her arms a bit. "I'll probably go off to visit him before I leave. I hope you find a captain."

"I'm sure I will. Thank you for everything, Mrs. Odair." 

"Peeta." Koa said. Peeta stood up from his bed, walking over to Koa and hugging her.

"Koa, it's nice to see you." Peeta held onto her tight. "Do you know what's going on with Katniss? They haven't told me anything. Is she safe?"

"She's okay. She's going to twelve with Haymitch." Peeta took a breath of relief, nodding.

"Okay, okay, that's good."

"Are you okay?" Koa asked him, he seemed concerned.

"I love Katniss." Peeta said. "I love her a lot." Koa smiled, and that made Peeta smile and nod.

"We know, we all do." Koa responded. 

"I think after I'm done here, I'm going to go to twelve."

"You should, you two belong together." Koa put a hand on Peeta's shoulder, and he pulled her into another hug.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Paylor asked me to go to District 2 and oversee their military, but Finnick and I are going back to District Four soon. We want to live a peaceful life after everything we've gone through. Raise our kids." Koa smiled, putting a hand on her stomach. Peeta smiled.