𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"Soldier Odair is down! Odair is down, repeat!" Was blasted throughout the radio.

Finnick? What?

Blood was sprayed everywhere. It gathered at her feet, and kept rising. Koa fell into a panic attack, but she held her weapon firm in her hand. She couldn't move.

Why couldn't she move?

It's just a simulation. It's just a test. 

Wake up!

Koa woke up in a cold sweat and a gasp. She felt around the bed. Finnick was there. He was fine, she was fine. 

She tried managing the panic attack, but she couldn't. She tried breathing a bit more quietly, but Finnick woke up anyway. He sat up right next to her.

"Hey, it's okay! It's okay." Finnick breathed in and out slowly. "Just copy my breaths."

Koa couldn't hear him at first, her head blocked him out. But she eventually calmed down.

It was late at night. She didn't want to sleep again. 

"Lay down, I'll stay awake. I'll keep you safe, okay?" Finnick laid back down, but he held his arms open. Koa laid down, cuddling into his embrace. His arms closed around her, holding her close. 

He never wanted to let go again.

Koa's torture at the Capitol hadn't actually went away, so the nightmares didn't either. But it didn't help when Coin thought it was a great idea to test her examination with Finnick's "death" over the radio.

She thankfully still passed. During the examination when she was sprayed with blood after that announcement. She went a bit overboard and rogue. District Thirteen needs to get a new area to exam people in.

Coin liked her enthusiasm, though.

Koa hadn't told Finnick the extent of what they did. She only told him they had sprayed her with a lot of blood and talked of death. She knew she should tell him, but she didn't want to get him pissed off a week before the wedding. 

Time passed quickly. Koa eventually asked everyone she wanted to be apart of the wedding beside her. Valentina could initiate apparently, she she would be doing that.

Katniss and Primrose Everdeen would be standing near Koa. But Rhosyn would be placed almost right next to her. 

Finnick had Mags and Annie on his side. He also wanted Peeta, but it was a risky move since Katniss would be not that far away. The couple fought for it, but it wouldn't pass, so they eventually gave up. Peeta would be making their wedding cake, though.

Koa also made Peeta promise her a dance after she was married. She wanted to dance with her brother figure. He agreed happily. 

Koa was missing something. She wanted to ask someone else to be in the wedding, but she kept getting scared. She didn't know why, but it was... weird in a way.

Their relationship was amazing and it was fine, but it was a big question to ask of someone.

She'd ask him eventually...

"You can't keep putting it off!" Rhosyn said. "You have to ask."

"What if he says no, that'd be so awkward!" 

Koa had been pacing the room for a few minutes. The day before, it was a few hours. The day before that, she walked up to him, and immediately walked away.