𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Katniss gasped awake, noticing Beetee laying next to her. He had an oxygen mask attached to his face. She wasn't sure where she was, but the last thing she recalled was an hovercraft picking her up before blacking out.

She saw a door with some figures behind it, she slowly got up, making sure not to make any voice and slowly walked towards it, grabbing a syringe on her way, hearing some voices inside that she recognized. Trying to get closer, the door opened automatically, revealing herself to the crowd inside the room.

"Morning sweetheart." Haymitch smiled, walking towards her, but knew she was going to be pissed off any second now. She looked to Plutarch, whom she had no idea why he was here with Haymitch, but he was. 

Katniss focused her attention back onto the man that was talking to her, and without a second thought in her mind, she attacked him with the syringe she held, and he grabbed her arm, struggling, but eventually pinned her against the wall holding her back from doing something more irrational.

"You and a syringe against The Capitol. See, this is why nobody lets you make the plans." He ripped the syringe from her hands, and her eyes focused on another female in the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Katniss yelled at Johanna, who stood rolling her eyes at the scene unfolding in front of her.

"Could you just cut it out for a minute? Listen to them." Johanna kept her eyes focused on Katniss. Katniss glanced around the room, seeing Finnick leaning against the wall, eyes out the window. He didn't even seem to be aware of the drama happening right next to him, but he looked extremely out of it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Katniss pushed Haymitch off of her and he backed away, she was calmer now, but still had angriness exploding inside of her. 

"We couldn't tell Peeta or you, it would be to risky. The Capitol always had their eyes on the two of you." Plutarch started, Katniss directing her eyes over to him. "The Capitol would try to capture you two first once the arena blew."

"What do you mean the first ones?"

"All of us agreed to die to keep you alive, princess." Finnick's hoarse voice spoke up, and everyone directed their attention over to him for a brief moment.

"No, she tried to kill me." Pointing to Johanna. "Kekoa tried to kill me!" Katniss shouted but everyone just shook their heads.

"I took the tracker out of your arm, you're welcome." Johanna raised her voice, but then it faded mentioning the next part. "Koa cut mine out, she led Enobaria away from us."

"We had to save you because you're our mocking jay, Katniss." Plutarch announced, Finnick had a singular dry laugh escape from him, but nobody seemed to notice it. "While you are living, the revolution also lives."

Katniss connected the pieces in her mind, finally realizing everything that was happening around her, but one final thing was being questioned in her mind.

"Peeta." Katniss paused. "Where's Peeta?" Finnick turned to face her,  his eyes looked burned red.

"Peeta was taken to the Capitol with Koa."

──⇌•ᴍᴇᴀɴᴡʜɪʟᴇ•⇋──

Koa shot awake in a bright white room, her arms and legs were strapped onto the table, not being able to move more than half an inch anywhere. A weight rested on her neck, but she couldn't see what it was, it felt suffocating.

What happened?

She struggled in her restraints, but stopped moving once she realized it was pointless. All the scars on her body that she had gained the past few years were completely gone. Her head leaned back onto the bed, closing her eyes and sighing, trying to remember.