𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝟕𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa and Finnick had been sat on Finnick's couch for some time now, waiting for the announcement of the third quarter quell for the 75th Hunger Games. Koa had an eerie feeling, but she knew she had to be safe as a victor, and she had no family left to go into the games. Her head laid on Finnick's shoulder, his arm around her shoulders, playing with some pieces of her hair.

Koa and Finnick had bonded the past few years, and they have protected one another as much as they could, but it's almost impossible with President Snow breathing down their necks about clients and such.

When Koa refused to abide by Snow's orders of selling her body, he had her mother killed. Although Koa had never seen her mother much anyway, she was still heartbroken, only having her father left.

"What do you think it'll be?" Finnick asked, twirling her hair around between his fingers.

"Three from each district, maybe four. You know like the 50th games?" Koa looked at the screen, which remained blank for now, but they knew any minute now the announcement would come on.

"Could be, Snow's been pissed off since Katniss and Peeta won. I don't think they'd repeat though."

"He's always up to something." Koa rolled her eyes and sighed. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing Annie Cresta and Rhosyn Hart.

Annie Cresta was a red-headed victor from the 70th Hunger Games. She's not much of a fighter, but she did end up the victor of her games, though she did end up traumatized.

Rhosyn Hart was the victor of the 73rd Hunger Games, she won at 18 years old. Mentored by Finnick and Koa, she went from a girl not knowing how to fight into who she is now, however, she's just as traumatized as the other victors. She just doesn't show it as often, though.

The 73rd games was an abandoned city arena, Rhosyn ended up killing all career tributes when the four of them were all gathered into a building, and she detonated an explosive, killing the four.

"Hey!" Finnick got up, Koa following, Finnick hugged Annie while Koa went over to Rhosyn, embracing one another. Finnick and Koa hadn't seen the other two often, although the four do live in Victor's village together, Finnick and Koa were almost always at the Capitol.

Sitting back down on the couch, Annie was this time sat next to Finnick, while Koa took a seat on the end of the couch with Rhosyn. Finnick gave her a strange look, but Koa smiled, looking between the two. 

"What are you doing?" Rhosyn whispered into her ear, making Koa whip her head around and look at her, giving her a confusing look with a tilt of the head. "Why not next to Finnick?"

"The two are nice together, he calms Annie down a lot." Koa whispered back and Rhosyn gave a disapproving look, but before she could say anything the TV started broadcasting, the Capitol symbol showing.