𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Looking at any kind of light hurt Kekoa's eyes. Her eyesight was beginning to get blurry, and her eyes became extremely sensitive to light. 

The last time she was beat, just a few hours ago, she turned at the wrong time and a whip went right across her face. She was surprised she didn't go blind, but her eyesight hadn't exactly been the same. It would definitely leave a scar.

Some kind of venom kept being used on Peeta Mellark. Kekoa overheard guards outside talking about another dose of Tracker jacker, so either that was being used on her every now and then, or on Peeta more frequently. She guessed it was him though.

They both suffered from hallucinations and not understanding if things were real or fake, but Peeta was definitely far worse. He got more mentally tortured, she was more physically tortured.

The hallucination of Finnick Odair was there again. It often spoke things Finnick used to say. She wanted him to be real, but she knew he wasn't going to be.

She was slowly starting to give up hope on ever seeing Finnick again. She didn't even know if he was alive anymore, and life was draining from her every second of every day without knowing.

Rhosyn started getting driven to insanity. She kept whispering Johanna's name, begging for Johanna to come save her. Kekoa wanted to comfort her, but she wasn't able to without really hearing her.

She often rocked back and forth in the corner of the room, holding her knees closer to her. 

She leaned her head on the wall, trying to close her eyes and get some sleep, but was immediately shocked awake from metal devices on her ankles and wrists. 

Whenever she tried sleeping, she was immediately electrocuted awake. She doesn't know the last time she slept.

Broadcasts played yesterday in their rooms, but there was no voices talking from it. Just explosions, and what seemed to remain of District 13. It looked like it was blown to ground zero.

Finnick was dead, he had to be.

He was probably blown to pieces, same with Johanna, same with Haymitch, Katniss, and everyone else. 

What if the hallucination in her room was really just his ghost, waiting for her to move on with him? He was just waiting for her to die. 

Kekoa stood up, wanting to move around so she wouldn't get stuck in place. She slowly got up and aimlessly walked in circles. 

She kept glancing at Peeta and Rhosyn. Peeta was extremely beaten up, Rhosyn just kept rocking in the corner.

She kept looking at the ghost of Finnick Odair. She wished it had his color eyes, the bronze hair, the tanned skin. Not the grey clothes, and the entirely grey figure.

This is the moment she felt entirely helpless.

If Finnick was dead, she was dead. 

If he wasn't, she bet he wouldn't even want to see her. She looked disgusting.

She was always drenched with blood, not properly showered in days since she gave the warning to 13. Her hair was tangled, but it was much longer, down to her hips now. She had scars all over her body, he would look at her and turn away.

That's what Snow said. He was probably right.

She couldn't imagine a life without Finnick. He made her whole, made her who she was. But she was completely different now.