𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa sat on the floor with her back pressed against the wall. She never complained. She didn't want to cause any disruptions or disturbances, knowing if she did Finnick could get into some trouble. Peeta had been in and out of the cell, she had no idea where they were taking him, but she was worried.

 Whenever they shoved him back into the cell, he didn't want to talk, and Koa eventually stopped talking to him unless he spoke first.

They had barely given her any food and water, it was like they were trying to starve her. 

When her door opened, she stood right up. There was a few peacekeepers there, two holding and supervising Peeta whilst the other three were empty handed. Two of them barged right into the cell and grabbed her.

"Where are you taking us!?" Koa's voice was slightly raised and hoarse. The peacekeepers holding onto them didn't answer, and one led them down the hallway to double doors Koa was unfortunately familiar with.

Opening the doors and viewing inside, Snow sat inside at his desk. The peacekeepers kept handcuffs attached to both prisoners and pushed them inside before shutting the door behind them. Peeta and Koa got a good look of one another. Peeta seemed a little beat up, but nothing serious. He had some light eyebags under his eyes, but other than that there was nothing.

"Great for you both to be here." The two looked at Snow, who was glancing outside his window, holding a wine glass in his hand. "I would love you two to do me a favor." Koa rolled her eyes, but stayed quiet.

"You two will be interviewed by Mr. Flickerman, Caesar as you may know him. You will talk to him about the rebellion, how radicals and their ideas should not be listened to, they should be despised."

"Why would we do that for you?" Koa spat. Snow took a deep breath, not wanting to be interrupted. "You won't even let me see Finnick and you want me to do you favors? You're out of your fucking mind!" 

"Ms. Hades, please do not speak out of line." Snow pressed the remote in his hand and it released shock waves into Koa's body. The more she had gotten shocked, the worse the electricity became for her.

"Stop!" Peeta said, looking at the girl who was suffering. "Stop, stop! We'll do it, I'll do it. Let her sit out." Koa stopped struggling once Peeta spoke up, the collar turned off. She took a few deep breaths, trying to catch it. "She's misses Finnick, let her have this time off."

President Snow looked disgustingly at Kekoa, his eyes looking down at her. She looked back up at him with hatred.

"Fine. Ms. Hades, you may go back to your cell." Peacekeepers once again came in, dragging Koa out of the room. The last thing she caught in her eye was tears welling in Peeta's eyes looking at her as she went, leaving him alone with Snow.

Before being thrown back into the room, she was happy their took her handcuffs and her shocker off. She was glad she wouldn't have to go into the interview, but Peeta had to do it alone. 

Koa picked herself up off the floor, her eyes widened and her entire body froze at the sight of the room. The walls, ceiling, and floor of the room were all right, not a discoloration in sight, but she noticed one corner of the room had a few splashes of another color.

Walking towards it, she noticed it was red- Blood. They put blood on her wall.

She instantly backed up, shaking her head and turning around, not wanting to look at it. The sight of blood was something she could stand when she was younger, when she wasn't afraid of being a cold-hearted killer. 

Laying down on her bed, the girl just looked straight up at the ceiling, uncomfortable. The presence in the room was off, she wouldn't be able to rest until Peeta was back. 

A screen appeared in the room, right above her head where she was looking. It started playing a video, it looked familiar. Kekoa saw herself on the footage. 

It was the 67th Hunger Games, they were showing her the footage.

As the countdown ended, the next few minutes blurred together. She couldn't rip her eyes away from the screen, and whenever her eyes drifted away to another part of the room, the broadcast would be there too. They were making her watch all the kids she killed back then.

Kill after kill, cannon after cannon, the clips kept replaying to make sure Kekoa saw them clearly. After each kill, a video of the family she had destroyed would play. They would be crying in each others arms, screaming the name of the child. 

She would see the reaction of the district watching, the reaction from the Capitol, the reaction of Finnick.

Finnick's brows seemed to furrow and his face was full of disgust, a wave of sadness and fear went through Kekoa. Watching his eyes watching her, the way his mouth turned into a frown of some kind. He was looking at her like she was some kind of monster.

When she started to cry, a voice came from somewhere that wasn't her cell or the broadcast. She hesitantly stood up from her bed, not recognizing the voice at first.

"Koa? Is that you?" The voice was all shaken, fear filled whoever it was.

"Rho?"

──⇌•ᴍᴇᴀɴᴡʜɪʟᴇ•⇋──

Finnick sat on his hospital bed, just looking down at the rope they had given him to distract him in some way. Dry tears stained his face, some parts of his face being full of redness from the irritation of wiping every single tear away, yet his eyes threatened to spill more.

His eyes wandered around the room he could see, but he didn't move his head, he didn't have the energy. Pills and medicine the doctors had put on the table were knocked over just laying on the floor, the table also laid sideways on the floor. His legs dangled from the bed he sat on, and he had no idea what he was to do.

He just kept pulling at the rope. Untying it, tying it, untying it, tying it. Whoever crossed by his room through the hallway would just see a boy who looked to be lost in space somewhere, thinking he was insane.

"Finnick."

He was slowly brought back into reality, his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room fully, only being lit with a singular orange light. He thought it was another doctor, but he was met with Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, yet right now she looked disheveled.  

Finnick picked his head up fully to look at her, she had glassy eyes, she had likely been crying a few moments before entering his room too.

Katniss stayed quiet, wanting Finnick to speak first, but he had no idea what to say, and if it were up to him, he wouldn't even want to speak either.

"I'm sorry." His voice was a hoarse whisper, and he lightly shook his head. "I wanted to get them, I wanted to go back for Koa," Finnick looked back down at the rope, not being able to look Katniss in the eye. "For Peeta. But I couldn't move." Finnick pulled on the rope tighter.

Another tear came down his face and his nose became congested, he couldn't speak her name without the tears starting to flow again, without memories rushing back to him. Finnick couldn't have saved her, but he thinks he could've, and he wanted to. 

"They have them in the Capitol, they have Rhosyn too."

He looked down at the little noose in his hand, and he slightly tilted his head, lifting it a bit more to get a better look at it. It reminded him of when he taught Koa how to tie the ropes, how they used to joke about tying a noose in the arena.

"I wish they were all dead, and I wish we were dead too."

Katniss didn't know what to say.

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺