𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 & 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Katniss walked into Peeta's room, slowly. Peeta looked up, but once he saw Everdeen, his face dropped. He just glared at her.

Koa watched through the window. She was worried for both of them. She hadn't spoken with Peeta about Katniss in weeks for a reason.

Haymitch encouraged her to visit him, though she really didn't want to, but Koa knew a part of her wanted to see him face to face, not from behind a window.

"When I saw you die, I remembered something." Peeta said, he seemed pretty calm, but he had an angry and piercing gaze. "About the bread." 

"I remember you in the rain. And I burned it on purpose, to give it to you. I remember my mother hitting me. I was supposed to give it to the pig." Peeta's eyes wandered around the room, but made their way back to Katniss. "Why would I take a beating like that for you."

"Because you were kind." Katniss's voice broke a little. "And generous. People said you loved me."

"Did people say you love me?"

"They said that's why Snow tortured you. He did it to hurt me. They-"

"Snow says that everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie." Peeta's words were full of disgust. Katniss didn't answer. "I would've saved myself a lot of suffering if I had just given that bread to the pig."

Katniss wanted to say something, but she lost her words. She just opened the door and left. Koa left the room and met with Katniss in the hall.

"Hey, you okay?" Koa asked, laying a hand on Katniss's shoulder.

"It's fine. I don't know what I expected." Katniss said.

"At least he didn't try to get up and kill you. He seemed pretty calm." Koa said, and Katniss laughed a bit. "He's getting better."

"I can tell, he looks a bit better." Katniss looked towards the door. "Thank you for looking after him."

"Of course."

"Go get your dress on! The wedding is soon." Katniss pushed Koa down the hallway, and Koa groaned, remembering all the stress.

The two made their way into Val and Effies room, which is where all the dresses were. Rhosyn was in a dark purple dress and Johanna was wearing a black suit with a purple tie.

Katniss quickly got ready while Koa got her hair done. She's didn't want to go crazy with her hair. She just had some waves in it, and it was more curly at the ends. 

Katniss wore the dark green dress she eyed at her house in twelve the other day. Effie had worked on it herself, using what she knew of Katniss's style from what Cinna always did for her.

Effie had also asked Katniss if she wanted to wear the mockingjay pin, but Katniss wanted to breath for a day. She didn't want to be the grand and glorious mockingjay. She wanted to be a girl attending her two friends wedding.

"Oh my god." Rhosyn practically yelled. Her eyes immediately became glassy and full of tears.

Koa stepped out in her dress. Her veil was sea-green, it had long sleeves. Although green conquered the outfit, it was fit for a bride, which made Koa happy.