𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Kekoa, her name. It takes after the Koa tree that grows close to her home. It reflects strength and courage, the meaning of her name. However, the most important meaning, warrior. 

She hated her name. Fighting would always be with her wherever she would go, it would never leave her. Although both names have the same meaning no matter what, she always preferred Koa, as it seemed to be a bit more gentle and nice.

She's been raised like a soldier in some sort of boot camp all her life, not being able to live a life a normal child would. However, what child is truly normal when they have a chance to be sent out for death?

The morning of the games, Finnick volunteered to direct Koa to the airship that takes her to the arena. On the way there, Finnick spoke about his games and what exactly to expect in the arena, which helped Koa understand more of what to do.

She had gotten some hours of sleep, and she surprisingly didn't have nightmares, but it felt weird not being disturbed, so she woke up and did some exercises to prepare her body for the next week.

Koa didn't know the true meaning of being at peace, she only knew the view of the ocean made her feel some sort of happiness, but being so far away from her district, she felt alone.

"Are you planning on going straight into the cornucopia?" Koa looked at Finnick and nodded.

"Yes." Koa said.

"Be careful." Finnick looked at her worried. He would advise her against going to the middle, but he knew his strengths and it was good to send her in there and get some weapons and bags early.

"I will. I've been practically raised by wolves." Koa gave him a small smile which he returned, and the elevator doors opened to reveal the outdoors and a giant airship. They exited the elevator side by side, Finnick sighed, turning Koa to face him.

"Wolves are pretty cool." Finnick shrugged, making Koa's smile widen.

"I know," Koa smiled. 

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

They stepped to the right and opened a door, gesturing her inside, where she was met with Valentina. Valentina didn't have the bright smile she usually had, but she immediately embraced the girl into a hug when the door shut.

The two immediately clicked once they met, and this moment was like departing from a best friend Valentina.

"I have so much hope for you, you will win this." Valentina nodded, waiting for Koa to agree.