𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 - 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"You can't just leave me hanging like that!" Koa yelled, but Finnick smiled and left the room.

Koa hadn't seen Finnick much the last few days. Whenever she did though, he would give her a kiss hello, a conversation, reassurance that everything was okay, then a kiss goodbye whenever she began questioning him further.

Koa didn't mind. She did want to see Finnick all the time, but they slept in the same room (don't tell Coin), and ate together, and that was enough for now. He seemed extremely happy recently, so that made her happy.

"Have you thought about proposing to him?" Primrose Everdeen said.

Koa was currently getting a check-up on all her injuries and some medicine to treat her scarring and deep wounds so they wouldn't be infected. Some of them had reopened the past few weeks, so she had to get frequent treatments. 

Thought, she hoped all the scars wouldn't disappear. It was proof she had survived.

"Proposing?" Koa asked. "I have, I want to. I just don't have any rings." 

"You don't need a ring to propose." Prim emphasized the 'need'. "You can propose with something special to the two of you, something that can last a lifetime. It doesn't have to be something to put on his finger."

Prim finished wrapping the bandage around Koa's stomach, and Koa put her shirt back down. 

"Have anything in mind?" Prim stood bright and tall in front of Koa, with a smile on her face.

Koa thought for a moment. Something special? Everything she owned was likely back in District Four.

"I do! I have an idea." Koa stood up, fixing up her clothes. "Thank you, Prim!" Koa ran out the door, Prim tried stopped her.

"Wait! We need to schedule another checkup!"

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa entered her room, checking the room for anybody before continuing inside. She found Finnick's bag near their bed and started going through it. He didn't have much in there, but she knows Mags and Annie took a few things before they were taken to 13.

"No, why would I bother?" Koa crossed her arms, shaking her head at the bronze-haired boy who held a giant rope in his hand.

"Tying knots is good! It's helpful! It's fun!" Finnick listed all the positive aspects of knowing how to tie knots. "Give it a try."

Koa gave one small look at the rope.

"It's so scratchy."

"I have another one!"

"Of course you do."

"You'll like it!" 

Finnick pulled another rope out of his bag. It was a thin sea-green colored rope of some kind. 

"See, the color of my eyes. Your favorite."

She knew he would have it somewhere. It's the first rope she learned to tie all of Finnick's special knots on, the rope they both shared, and most importantly, it was theirs. Not anybody elses.

Koa found it.

She looked at the worn thin rope. It kept it's same color, the color she loved, it was a bit frizzy, but it didn't matter to her.

Questioning what she would make it with, Koa hadn't really thought that far ahead. She could make a bracelet, or maybe a makeshift ring. The idea of a necklace popped into her head.