𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

They sat in Tigris's basement. Finnick laid his head on Koa's lap while she tended to his head wound. It was bleeding a lot, but she stopped it. He was asleep now, when he wakes up he should be back, hopefully. When he first fell asleep, Koa almost had a heart attack, but his chest was rising and falling, which was good.

Koa's back was also bleeding, but it didn't hurt anymore.

She didn't have time to really recuperate. Johanna was dead. Rhosyn was dead.

Her breath quivered when the tears finally came, and they came fast. Running down her cheeks, falling onto her uniform.

She leaned her head back on the wall, closing her eyes. All the memories between the three girls playing in her head.

All this, for what?

She kept her sobbing quiet, not wanting to wake Finnick. Finnick didn't even know Johanna and Rhosyn were dead, how was she supposed to tell him?

She heard Pollux sobbing close by. He had lost half of his crew and his twin brother, Castor. Koa wondered maybe if she had fought back the Mutts more, maybe she could've saved Castor. She could've saved Johanna. If she saved Johanna, Rhosyn wouldn't have died either.

"Gale's going to need stitches." Cressida said. Koa waved Gale over and he sat next to her, back facing her. She started stitching his wound closed.

"I made it up." Katniss's voice echoed through the room.

Everyone looked a bit confused, but Katniss just looked between Koa and Pollux.

"All of it. There is no special mission from Coin, there is only my plan. Everyone that's dead is dead because of me, I lied." Katniss's voice broke. 

"We know. We all knew." Cressida said, Katniss looked at her with a bit of surprise.

"The soldiers from thirteen?" Katniss asked.

"Do you really think Jackson thought you had orders from Coin?" Cressida said. "She trusted Boggs and he clearly wanted you to go on."

"I didn't mean for this to happen." Katniss looked at Koa. "I failed. I killed them. I killed Johanna, I killed Rhosyn." She kept stuttering. "I'm sorry Boggs." "I'm so sorry."

Koa shook her head. It wasn't her fault. They went on with the plan, everyone went on with it, knowing the consequences.

"Glimmer, Marvel, Mags, Clove, Wiress, Rue, what do all those deaths mean? They mean our lives were never ours." Peeta said. "There was no real life because we didn't have a choice. Our lives belongs to Snow and our deaths do too."

"If you kill him Katniss and end all of this, all those deaths mean something. Cinna, Boggs, Castor, Jackson, Johanna, Rhosyn. They chose you." Peeta looked straight at Katniss, never breaking eye contact.

Katniss didn't answer, but her eyes didn't seem to believe him. "He's right." Koa said. "What are these deaths for if this doesn't end now?"

Koa patted Gale's shoulder, signaling to him that she was done. He got up and moved. She was glad she didn't have to sit next to him longer than she had to.

Everyone sat in their own small groups, and it stayed silent.

Koa put her hands on the side of Finnick's face and leaned down, kissing him silently and pulling back, trying to get some sleep.

"Kekoa! Look!" A little Rhosyn ran up to her diving instructor. "Look at this cool seashell I got."

"It looks like seashell." A younger Kekoa Hades said.