Chapter Two

I was not in the mood for my lecture. I was so tired just from staying up last night with Brooke.

I don't know why I thought that was a good decision, but now I'm going to suffer. I had to get a coffee first and I would be fine.

I yawned and waited in the line. It was like 2 in the afternoon and class starts at 3. I only woke up an hour and thirty minutes ago. That is not enough time for me. I should be waking up early.

I got my frappe and started heading towards Kaplan Hall. What's so shitty about this is how far my dorm is from this place. A pain in my ass.

I sipped on my frappe while scrolling through tiktok. I actually knew where I was going this time and didn't need Adam's assistance.

Speaking of Adam, he's surprisingly been texting me more than I expected. I'm sure he just saw me as easy fresh meat.

I checked the time and I had class in about fifteen minutes. The walk was killing me and all the stairs on campus are a bitch.

I finally made it to Kaplan Hall and I rejoiced. I walked in and began looking for the Lecture hall. I found it and the class was just about to get started.

I sat down in the middle and got out my MacBook. I was so glad that my mom got me a new one, because I could organize things better. By organize I mean personalize.

I had already decorated it with all my favorite things and a few pics from highschool. It got busier in the hall as more people kept coming in. The rows slowly fill up.

I opened up my docs and I made sure to have a separate email account for my school work so nothing gets lost. I was really serious about it and especially since I don't wanna disappoint my dad or mom.

"Yo, you mind if I sit here?"

I look at the guy standing up next to me. He was tall, he was dark skinned, he had a nose piercing, a lil mustache on top of his lip and beard on his chin. He had thick big lips that were two toned. He had waves from what I could see. This nigga was fine as hell.

I need to stop doing all this goddamn staring and speak. Damn where was he in high school? Come in my draws boy. I need to behave myself, but he was a fine ass niggas.

"Yeah, ain't nutting stop you."

He puts his bag down on the floor and he sits down next to me. He wasn't all up in my space which I appreciated. He smelled good too.

He was wearing a red hoodie, so he stood out a bit. He took off his hoodie and he had a sleeve tattoo. Damn he just gets better and better.

"What yo name?"

"Iris, what's yours?"

"Keon, where you from? You look like a West coast girl."

"You wrong, I'm from Chicago," I say.

"My bad," he smiles.

He had perfect white teeth and gold tooth on the left side of his top teeth. I started smiling for no reason and tried to stop. I was making a fool outta my damn self.

"You look like you from Atlanta."

"Nah, I'm from Philly."

"That was my second guess."

"Was it really or you tr-."

"Alright, stop your conversations now. I'm Professor Frankenstein. Yes my last name is Frankenstein, No I don't think I'm related to a mad scientist. Your normal Professor Jones will be out, so I will be covering for him. No, that doesn't mean you get to treat me like shit, because you can leave. The door is right there," She announced.

I listened to Professor Frankstein as she started off with her introduction. It sucks that my actual professor wasn't in. It would have been nice for the first day you know.

We started the lecture and I had to keep up with the amount of notes she made us take down. I made small talk with Keon as well and even got in trouble at one point.

After the lecture was done, I was so grateful. Professor Frankstein was slightly boring, but what did I expect? I started packing up my things.

"You got another lecture today or sum?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Nah I don't, but I don't have anything else to do," he responds.

"If it was me, I would be going back to my room and sleeping."

"Sleeping? The sun is shining and you want to sleep?"

I put my bag around my shoulders and Keon moved out the section to let me get out as well. We started walking towards the exit.

"I'm a sleepy bird alright. I woke up three hours ago," I answered.

"You're more likely to stay awake, especially since you are drinking a frappe."

"I guess you're right. I might just walk around the campus more to pass time," I shrug.

"Ehh you tryna chill with me and my niggas?"

"So you a groupie?" I joke.

"Nahhh, I have known these lot for some time, plus they're my older brothers' friends. You aren't gonna be the only girl if that's what you're worried about," he explained.

"Oh, your older brother goes here?"

"Yeahh, he's on the football team," he nods.

We walked down the hallway, He held the door open for me as we left the building. The weather was really nice if I was being honest. Why would I actually want to go to sleep? The sun was shining and it was nice and warm outside. Not too hot as well, there was a slight breeze.

"Your brother is the football player and you are the what..?"

"The smart one that act like a nigga," he chuckled.

"I hear dat."

"Do you have any siblings or what?"

"I have some half siblings, but I don't really know them. So I'm basically an only child. How many you got?"

"I have a little brother, but he is 16. How you don't know yo half siblings?"

"They in Jamaica and grown."

"Ooh, see now that makes sense."

We ended up walking to one of the cafes that was closest to us and just hung out. We just got to know each other considering we had the same class and would end up sitting next to each other more often. I can tell that this is going to be a good semester, I already have two friends on campus. Adam can sorta count, but he was just my tour guide, but I'm hopeful.