Chapter Twenty-Eight

Elijah

Adam had his arm around her as if it was normal for him to do that, but she had the look that she was uncomfortable.

"Are you guys staying or leaving?" Adam asked.

"Leaving, I'm tired. You did a good job tonight," I congratulated.

"Thanks got put it on Jordan though, were going out," he grins.

"Yeah yeah," Grayson grunts.

He goes to reach for his backpocket to pull out his wallet. Adam looks down at Iris.

"Are you coming with us, were gonna eat and head back to the apartment?" he asked.

I watched her expressions and she just looked stunned. She slowly shakes her head and Grayson pulls out a hundred dollars to give to Adam.

"Here, don't spend it all."

"That's it?"

Iris laughed a little, but she quickly stopped when Grayson was scowling. I doubt it was, because of her. It might have been as they hadn't spoken since the fight, even when we dropped her off. Grayson has been completely shut down silent.

"You ungrateful little brat."

He pulled a few more bills and handed them to him. Adam didn't even bother counting before putting the money in his pocket. He put his attention back on Iris.

"Why aren't you coming? You would usually say yes."

"I'm tired.. And uh cold. I just want to lay in my bed," she says, lying.

I'm sure if we weren't here she would have told him yes, but if she did want to go she could. We weren't going to stop her, but I guess the guilt inside of her wouldn't. The thought to tell her to go now in my brain.

"It's only one night and if are tired you can stay at Adam's," Gray suggested.

I glared at him, because he might have just been doing it to get a rile out of her. SHe doesn't look my way, because I was ure he could sense me staring at him.

"No, mhm no. I just want to go to sleep."

"You do sleep a lot during my lectures, so i-."

"I do not," she grumbled.

"You sleep in his lectures, I'm surprised your still doing it. He's an asshole to everyone," Adam comments.

"Yeah well, I don't know."

"Who's taking you back?"

"I came with Ke, but he might join you lot then."

"He probs will... unless you don't mind taking her back for me?"

Adam looks at Grayson, then at me. The look of horror on her face as he said that. She doesn't have choice now does she.

"Sure," Grayson responds.

***

We waited around for a good bit as they all chatted and she spoke to Brookyln. I don't know what was funnier Brookyln's face when she saw us and Iris was telling her what was happening or Iris's reaction to seeing us. They were both equally the same.

Waiting for the talks to be over and ready to go felt like eternity. It was cold, but I believe it was her trying to avoid talking to us. We waited for her in the car, I wonder what the upcoming conversation would be about.

I don't care to really entertain the Adam idea, but we did come for his game as he asked us to. It wasn't really planned to make her feel singled out.

"Elijah, What do you think is going through her mind right now?"