Chapter Twenty-Seven

I was dreading going to Elijah's class. I haven't spoken to him or Grayson. There really wasn't much to talk about. Actually there was, but I think it was too much at that moment. I would eventually have to talk to one of them again.

I didn't wait for Keon this morning and I just went into the hall without him. Elijah was at his desk area, he hadn't noticed and I was not about to go up to him. I started walking up the steps and it was partially empty.

There was about eight other people in the room, I sat down in my usual seat and he was already looking at me. I looked away and I got out my MacBook. I logged in and started pulling up my work, then a message popped up on my screen from him.

I looked up at him and he was staring up at me. I went on messages and I looked at the message. Yeah that was a definite no for me, I don't think it was time for all of that.

Daddy😋: I need to speak to you

I hesitated to type for a second unsure of what I wanted to say. Obviously he's going to want to talk about the other night, what's next for us? I would completely get if this was the end. I don't want to even think about it right now.

I wanted to reply, but I couldn't. I was indecisive about my options. I don't want to talk right now, but I do want to talk. I just don't want to or feel ready to. The hall was getting more full and Keon eventually came in. I just left him on read.

Keon sat down next to me like usual and we had our small talk. I avoided looking at Elijah during this time. I would only look when I needed to. Even when he starts teaching minimal eye contact. The lecture started and I kept to my words.

I barely looked at him, I wrote down my notes and paid attention the best of my ability. I played with my bracelet that they gave me. I had 8 charms on it now and it was the constant reminder of I had to talk to them. I needed a second opinion for this shit.

Brooke was on the no boat, so she is saying let time lead the way. My time would be waiting a whole week. I went on snap and I started texting her. She should be awake by now, so I will know to speak to him now or later.

Brooke💙: idfk why u put yourself in this position...

Me: I didn't want to lie to them

Brooke💙: Yeahhh... honesty is the policy

Me: Should I talk to him now or what?

Brooke💙: maynnn idkkk

Me: Very helpful

Brooke💙: Well adam is playing tmr see him first see how you feel towards him, then you can talk to them on wednesday

Me: So wait until wednesday

Brooke💙: Yhh

Me: Alr ty

I went off snap and probably the worst timing ever I sent the message to Elijah now. I just typed, tbh I feel like wednesday would be a better day for us to talk. He was right near his phone and he stopped speaking mid way through his sentence. He was reading my message. It was silent for a bit.

"Did he just get teacher nerves or..."

"Ke, I don't think teacher nerves are a thing," I mumble.

"I'm just sayi-."

"As I was sayin, what do you think the author was trying to do?"

Hands went up to answer his question, but I couldn't ignore that tense stare I got from him. I moved down into my seat and glueded my eyes to my screen. I only have 40 minutes left with him, I can do it.