Chapter 39

Vante pursed his lips and slowly let go of her. He felt himself boiling in anger but again Hyebin was her sister.

Vante sat on the bench watching Y/n and Hyebin going at a side.

Y/n POV

The first thing she did was to hug me. I hesitantly hugged her back. She sobbed.

Hyebin: “Are you that mad with your sister? T-that you stopped contacting me?”
I just blankly looked at her.

Hyebin: “Don’t you consider me as y-your sister anymore?”
I licked my lips nervously and looked down fiddling with my fingers, I heard her sigh sadly.

Hyebin: “I have something to say..”
I looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows. She just kept looking at me seriously.

Y/n: “If it’s about Tae again then—”

Hyebin: “It's about you..”

Y/n: “M-me?”

Hyebin: “Yes. You chose Taehyung over me.. but I can’t do that with you..”

Y/n: “W-what are you—”

Hyebin: “You’re in danger y/n.. His dad’s target is you now, I want you to be safe and so am ordering you to leave him and come with me”
I frowned.

Y/n: “I-If Tae is with me.. there’s no problem, he’ll protect m-me”

Hyebin: “He could never go against his father, why can’t you understand!?”

Y/n: “I’m not asking him to go against his father, b-but he can protect me, you don’t have to worry”

Hyebin: “Don’t be stubborn! Let's go back, we are leaving this place!”

Y/n: “No! I will never leave Taehyung!”

Hyebin: “Y-you’re not safe with him y/n.. w-why can’t you understand?”
She teared up pleading me with her glossy eyes.

Y/n: “So you want me to act like you? T-to be a back stabber?"

Hyebin: "Mind your language! Whatever I did was for you! I had no bad intentions"

I looked at her blankly.

Y/n: “I never told you to do that..”

Hyebin: “Yes you never did but you never even refused to accept money from me right?”
My eyes filled with tears as I looked down.

She sighed.

Hyebin: “I-I am sorry baby.. j-just listen to your sister this time..”
She held my shoulders and cupped my cheeks.

Y/n: “S-so that you could mock me a-again f-for using your money?”

I whispered looking straight in her eyes with my teary ones. Her eyes widened as she shook her head vigorously.

Hyebin: “n-no.. Y/n.. that’s y-yours too.. hear me out I—”

Y/n: “I d-don’t care if his father harms me in any way.. a-all I care is about Taehyung.. because in just a few months he let me understand w-what love is—”

Hyebin: “And what I did huh?! Was I nothing to you, y/n? Your sister who has been with you for years was n—"

Y/n: “You were never with me, eonnie”
I cut her off. She gulped.

Y/n: “He did hurt me many times, b-but he was always there.. Sometimes words and actions aren’t required to make you feel better, presence is enough”
I wiped my tears and backed away from her hold.