The Rhodes Not Taken

Set list 5:
Don't Stop Believing, Journey- Performed by Finn Hudson and Quinn Fabray with The New Directions
Maybe This Time, Liza Minnelli- Performed by Rachel Berry and April Rhodes
Cabaret, Liza Minnelli- Performed by Rachel Berry
Alone, Heart- Performed by April Rhodes and Will Schuester
New Shoes, Paolo Nutini- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Last Name, Carrie Underwood- Performed by The New Directions
Somebody To Love, Queen- Performed by The New Directions

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
The Rhodes Not Taken

Nick was stood at the back of the choir room as The New Directions rehearsed, 'Don't Stop Believing.' They now had three football players join the club Mike Chang, Matt Rutherford and unfortunately Noah Puckerman, Finn and Quinn were currently singing leads to the Journey song as Rachel was yet to return.

Quinn and Nick had barley spoken since the midnight phone call, Quinn was petrified and questioned why she had told Nick in the first place. Nick however, thought Quinn wanted space so he was minding his own business. Though he couldn't help the burning rage of hatred that came over him every time he saw the mowhawked idiot. Nick was still unclear whether Quinn had actually slept with him, but Nick had a strong suspicion she had. The choir room door slamming shut dragged him out of his thoughts and into reality, everyone stopping singing watching as Quinn left clutching her mouth.
"I think she ate a bad breakfast burrito." Finn lies.
"Yeah she said she wasn't feeling to well in science class... actually now you mention it, she did say something about a burrito." Nick adds on as Finn frowns at him.
"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt states, Nick is sure Quinn's secret is about to be announced as he prepares for... well he doesn't know what's he's preparing for.
"Your sexuality?" Santana cuts in, Nick releases the breath he didn't know he was holding.
"Rachel... we can't do this without her." Nick sighs and looks towards the door as the group start bickering. Finn has yet to check up on his girlfriend and Nick decides he'll go and see if she's okay.

He knocks on the door to the girls bathroom, "Hey it's Nick I'm coming in, I've covered my eyes." He walks in and can hear the cheerleader retching. It's coming from the last stall, he looks in and sees her bent over the toilet, "Oh god that stinks. Did you actually have a breakfast burrito? Cause I made that up."
Between hurling she utters out, "What...ar,are you doing in here? Get out!"
She begins throwing up again as he kneels down behind her, "Oh god! Erm here..." he starts awkwardly patting her back not really knowing if it's helping or not. After a few more bouts of sickness she leans back against the stall wall and looks down wiping at her mouth.
"Thanks." She whispers out.
"No problem. Here." He replies handing her some gum and sits down opposite her,"For the bad smell." She glares at him but gladly takes it.

The two sit just staring at the wall opposite them.
"Nick...I. Thank you for the other night. I'm not sure why I rang you, but I'm happy I did." Quinn sincerely tells him. He looks over at her and smiles, giving her an appreciative nod.
"You haven't told anyone have you?" Quinn asks, panic evident in her voice.
"Quinn. I said I wouldn't and I mean that. I know we've not seen eye to eye...ever actually, but I wouldn't do that to you. It's not my secret to tell." He tells her, she looks down tears brimming at her eyes and then back up at him, "What you asked me the other night...about Puck..."
"Look Quinn. I shouldn't have asked that, it was rude of me." Nick cuts her off.
"No I..." she stops talking when she hears the door to the bathroom swing open. Nick stands up panicking as Quinn slams the toilet door shut.
"Shit!" He whispers as she turns round and looks at him, both realising the close proximity, but knowing they aren't able to do anything about it.
They hear another door shut and Nick quickly sneaks out, he's nearly at the bathroom door, when he hears a voice, "Nick?"