Mattress

Smile, Lily Allen- Performed by Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry
When You're Smiling, Frank Sinatra- Performed by Rachel Berry
IDK You Yet, Alexander 23- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Jump, Van Halen- Performed by The New Directions
Smile, Charlie Chaplin- Performed by The New Directions

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
Mattress

Nick woke up with a start as he rolled over on the hard floor, Buster cuddled into his side. He sat up stroking his trusty companion and tried to stretch his back that was very stiff. He grabbed his phone from the bench above him and looked at the time, "Shit!" He whispered seeing the time, knowing that soon school would start so he needed to get Buster out of the locker rooms before it did. Since the incident with his dad Nick had been crashing in the ice hockey locker room and was yet to be detected. Luckily he knew how to sneak into the school from the amount of times he'd used the ice rink. Buster nudges his arm, "I'm up, I'm up boy. Come on let's get you to pops." Nick stands up and heads out, making sure to leave no trace of him ever being there.

After dropping Buster off Nick walked into the choir room to everyone stood around the piano.
"Where's Rachel?" Kurt asks Finn.
"She's not here yet." Finn replies.
"Perfect! Glee club stands on a delicate precipice, we have all felt the humiliation of a slushee in the face. But as of right now, our relative anonymity as a club shield us from more severe persecution." Kurt tells the group.
"What the hell are you talking about dude?" Nick questions, lost at what the boy is saying.
"Swirlies. Patriotic wedgies." Kurt states.
"What's a patriotic wedgie?" Mercedes asks.
"It's when they hoist you up the flagpole by your undies." Finn tells her looking a bit guilty.
"Strangely it did make me feel more American." Artie adds on.
Kurt interrupts continuing on with whatever he's talking about, "Based on my investigation, I'm off the opinion that a yearbook photo would only fuel the flames of anti glee club terror, I've done a little library research."
"You sound like Hermione Granger." Nick utters out, but everyone ignores him as Kurt opens the 'Thunderclaps' in front of him.
The New Directions are met with a range of photos of previous glee clubs that had been graffitied all over with funny and hurtful drawings. Nick looks at the photo Kurt is currently describing,
"Wait isn't that patches?" He asks.
"Patches?" Quinn questions as well.
"Patches!" Kurt confirms to them both.
"He barks at my mom." Brittany tells the group.
"Yeah he chased me on all fours once." Nick adds on. Kurt shows them more photos causing a mutual agreement between the group, they are not doing a yearbook photo.
However, Mr Schue arrives and per usual misreads the entire situation promising to get the club a slot in this years 'Thunderclap'.

Nick walks into the library seeing Quinn, Santana and Brittany at a table. He looks over and sees a disengaged looking Quinn which causes him to frown.
"Yo Fabray! Carrying on frowning like that and your face will get stuck like it forever." He calls over to her, but she doesn't even bat an eye lid. He walks off not knowing what to do, instead getting some books and studying. Half an hour had passed and he feels the chair in front of him screech, he looks up to see his cousin with her headphones in.
"What?" She asks.
"Oh! So you disturb my studying and greet me with a completely dismissive tone." Nick replies as she rolls her eyes at him.
"I just came to tell you that Blondie who you deny you like is looking very sad and lonely by herself. She's been sat staring at the cheerleading page in the thunderclap for like an hour now... it's a little bit weird." Mackenzie tells him, as Nick has already stood up to go and find the girl.
"Oh no goodbye then. Guess we're both bad at this conversing thing." Mackenzie shouts after him, receiving a middle finger from Nick.

"Fabray? Fabray, you okay? Fabray!" He shouts again at the girl whose in a complete trance, he snaps his fingers as the girls looks at him,
"Oh Henley! What- what's up?"
"Are you like... good? You've been in here for hours staring at this page." Nick questions. The girl sighs and shuts the book, "I use to be someone Nick. I felt like I belonged and now, now I'm just a whale in glee club. I'm a nobody." Nick is shocked by the girls honest reply and he processes what she has said for a second, "Look Fabray, I know we're not the best of friends, but if I know one thing about you is that you're not a nobody. Your actually a decent human..." Quinn scoffs. "No what I mean is underneath that cold bravado and exterior... you care, you're kind, you're resilient as fuck, you're a born leader and you always try to get the best out of people." Nick continues on noticing the girl looking down.
"You wouldn't think that if you knew the truth about me." Quinn whispers out.
"Quinn. Look at me." Nick tells her as she looks up at him, as he continues on,
"You're Quinn fucking Fabray! Don't let anyone tell you you're a nobody not even yourself. Now whatever it is that's got you this down go grab it by the reigns and don't take no for an answer okay?"
Quinn smiles at him, "Okay!"
The girl stands up collecting her things and just as she's about to leave she turns back to the boy sat at the table, "Nick! Thank you!" Nick smiles at the girl who he watches leave the room. He hears someone clear their throat as he looks up to see his cousin smirking, "God you're down so, so bad."
"Fuck off Mac!" He gathers his stuff up and leaves in a huff, as she shouts after him, "You didn't deny it." Receiving a middle finger again.