Dream On

Piano Man, Billy Joel- Performed by Bryan Ryan and Will Schuester
Dream On, Aerosmith- Performed by Bryan Ryan and Will Schuester
Beyond The Sea, Bobby Darin- Performed by Harold Henley
The Safety Dance, Men Without Hats- Performed by Artie Abrahams
Aint That A Kick In The Head, Dean Martin- Performed by Nicholas Henley and Harold Henley
I Dreamed A Dream, Les Miserables- Performed by Rachel Berry and Shelby Corcoran
Sleep On The Floor, The Lumineers- Performed by Nicholas Henley
Dream A Little Dream Of Me, The Mammas and The Pappas- Performed by New Directions

~~~~~~~~~~~————~~~~~~~~~~~
Dream On

"Okay guys, listen up! This is Mr Ryan, he's a member of the school board and he would like to say a few words. I just want you guys to listen critically and know that he is saying is just one of many opinions." Mr Schue announces to the club, as they begin a new week.

The man known as Mr Ryan tells the group to take out a piece of paper. Nick looks over at Tina who is sat near him, "T? Do you have  a spare piece of paper please?" He puts on his best puppy dog eyes as she rolls hers and hands him some paper. Now that he has the paper he is told to write down his biggest dream. Nick looks at the page that is still blank, he knows that his first dream is not achievable which would be for his mother to survive. The next two he cannot decide which one to write down so he breaks the rule and writes down two, 'Drafted into the NHL' and 'Travel the world.' Nick smiles to himself satisfied with what he has written down. However, he looks up and watches as Mr Ryan takes Arties paper screws it into a ball and tosses it into a bin, "Your dream is never going to happen. 91% of you will spend your entire lives living in Allen County, Ohio. So unless you wrote down that your dream was to work for a mid-market health insurance provider or find an entry-level job in an elderly care facility. You're going to be very disappointed." He had never seen the New Directions so quiet as they took in what the man had just told them, but he wasn't done yet, "I'm going to guess that a lot of your dreams involve showbiz. Well let me tell you showbiz dreams are the most unrealistic of them all." Nick begins to tune out as the man, as he takes it further and starts degrading Mr Schue, "But guess what his dream didn't work out and neither will yours!" Tina begins crying as the rest of the glee club look on with solemn faces.

Nick puts his arm around Tina and glares at the man in front of them. Mr Schue asks the man to leave, but as he is going, he tells them that he will be cutting the glee club. Just as he makes it to the door Nick calls out, "Hey Mr Ryan maybe your dream didn't work out because you're a pessimistic asshole with mediocre talent."
"Nick! Don't make things worse for us." Mr Schue scolds him, but stops when he hears the man chuckling from the door. Slowly he turns and points at Nick, "You are funny. Maybe you'll be perfect for the clown at McDonalds." The man leaves as Nick sits gobsmacked and perplexed.

That night Nick was in his room a paint brush in hand and Quinn Fabray sat on his bed.
"God that guy was a jerk right?" Nick turns and asks the girl.
"Grade A asshole. I thought you were going to charge at him." Quinn replies, watching as the boy turns back to paint his wall, his bicep slightly flexing when he reapplies paint on the brush.
"I get that like we have to dream realistically but what I don't get is why he had to be so mean about it, seriously Ronald frigging McDonald?" Nick utters out in disbelief.
"Atleast you would make a cute clown..." Quinn accidentally blurts out as he stops what he is doing and turns slowly, as he makes eye contact she sees the smirk on his face and instantly regrets what she has said.
"Thanks Fabray. No taking it back now!" He smugly replies as she stands up and walks over to him, "What are you doing?"
"Here you missed a bit." She takes the paint brush out of his hand lingering slightly as her fingers brush his.
"Where?" He asks confused.
"Right here." She whisper as she takes the brush and wipes it across his face. His mouth opens in pure shock as she giggles.
"You did not just do that." He states, she nods cheekily with a wide grin on her face as he attacks her with his own brush.