Blue

NOTE:

Hello! Before you start I want to make a few points!

-Sun and Moon are shorter\smaller than reader but they are NOT children. I see a lot of writers make the reader short and that's okay! But I just had to make sure since there aren't really many stories with reader being taller (in this story Sun and Moon are aliens, their specimen is generally smaller than humans). They are around a foot and a half shorter? Or perhaps two feet, you decide.

-There are NO sexual themes here. There are kisses and cuddles and all the mushy stuff but nothing sexual.

That's all for now! I'll let ya all know if I add anything else.

Enjoy!

-x-

It's quiet around here.

No amount of listening to music in your headphones could solve it. No amount of calling your friends or siblings does either. You aren't even sure why you stayed in this house after everyone either left or died.

It used to be filled with faces. Your mother and father, siblings, maids, that one uncle. But now it's deserted after your father's death, rocking the grounds just before anyone healed from your mother's. Her death at least was peaceful; she died in her sleep. Around eight months later, perhaps the sadness still too heavy to shoulder, your father died too. Though, his death wasn't as peaceful.

His savings, alongside your mother's, had been handed to you and your siblings, cut evenly and everyone took it with eyes never leaving the ground. It felt almost shameful to take such hard work from such a hardworking man after he fell, not to mention the work your mother had before, and now all of it rested in the hands of yours and your siblings.

Being the youngest, they agreed that you'd make use of the house. They were already older than to just stay in their parents' house, even after they died. Your eldest brother, who had taken the position of the job your father once had, had paid the maids and ushered them out, no more people living in such a large house to be taken care of.

And, one by one, you watched them leave. You weren't against the idea of staying alone, you've always taken comfort in staying in your room anyway, but now it felt empty— too empty. Perhaps it was the size of it, intimidating at night with long hallways and empty rooms, your steps would echo when you walk in front of those rooms, pronouncing out how once they were full of furniture and now they barely had beds and closets. It wasn't like your siblings had taken everything. They had the money to buy new things after all, but personal things still stuck deep, and they all took what made them remember this place.

At least they called from time to time, asking how things were.

They were fine of course! You weren't a kid. You'd even send a picture to them of a selfie of the dark hallway, typing with it that you aren't alone, that demon is keeping you and the kitchen company! It was a joke, of course, but your elder brother had visited you not long after just to make sure the house hasn't actually gotten haunted with them not around.

It hasn't! Unfortunately. Your hands itched to do something other than stay on your phone. Your friends would call you to hangout, a perfect chance to spoil them! You weren't doing it for showoff, not as a lot has claimed. It just makes you happy to make the people you care about happy, that's all. And what better than to buy them stuff? Like gift giving, but more approached. Hopefully, your friends aren't taking it the wrong way...