Conflict Will Tear You Apart Eventually

NOTE:
The drawing above shows how Sun and Moon's eyes are supposed to look like depending on the light level. They are both stuck as the first one (the lights off one).

-x-

Moon was baffled when he suddenly woke up— he was a very light sleeper, any move or sound would wake him up immediately. The only times he actually sleeps is when their body shuts down, which drowns them in a very heavy and uncomfortable sleep.

Moon didn't like it, he didn't like not being aware of what was happening.

So when he woke up in a completely new place, he couldn't help but jerk upward and look around— regretting it when they suddenly felt dizzy.

The hospital, they were still in a hospital. Your coat was used as a blanket over them, shielding their body from the cold. Though, you were nowhere to be seen.

A flicker of emotion suddenly raised— anxiety? Though, one question came to them and Moon hated that to no end.

Where were you?

Had you left them? Moon had expected that, even if he was proved wrong the first time.

Though, why would you leave your coat? It looked too expensive to just be thrown away. Had you taken pity on them? Or maybe no longer wanted the coat since they had worn it, even if not fully. The surge of emotions was uncomfortable— he shouldn't be feeling that way, he shouldn't have even looked around looking for you.

Actually, the room was empty, that he can see. Empty and bright, especially with the yellow light over them. Their pupils tried to expand, but their mind prevented them from it— they can't let that happen! Their mind was in too much fear to let itself feel safe enough to do that, so, it left them in something close to survival mode.

Moon was more used to it, especially since it helps him see better in the dark. The pupils would narrow to help pinpoint stuff, gathering lights and making things seem brighter. Though, it isn't as helpful when it's already bright— it became a major headache with how focused everything was. Too focused, as if they were expecting a hit to come from somewhere.

Perhaps they do.

Sun didn't like darkness, but he had to stay in it if he didn't want to hurt their eyes any further. It still gave them headaches, what's with everything detected, but they could really do so much to stop that.

They think it all started with how dark the shelter is— they want to save money, and turning a few lights on isn't on their list. Their mind had to keep the pupils narrowed if they wanted to see anything. And bit by bit it became a little harder and harder to disable such a gift.

And when the hits became so sudden, their mind forced them into overdrive. They could no longer take everything in the way they used to, not with how focused their vision was. They can look into a room and only focus on certain things then the others one by one instead of taking the full image.

Moon slumped forward. Even with the sleep he had, he still felt tired. Sun was faintly felt at the back of their headspace, but he appeared to still be asleep. At least one of them can sleep better than the other...

And even so, their thoughts still went back to you. Had you found them too much a bother? Too much a burden? Despite how much Moon tried to sneer at the thought, to laugh it off that he didn't care, he still found it stinging. Had you rejected them so easily after going through all of that? Moon doesn't think he can blame you. You were just a nice stranger, you owe them nothing to try so hard to help them.

Still...

The thought that you had rejected them was bitter— more so than Moon wants it to be. Sun will be devastated by being abandoned like that— what was even the difference between being abandoned and rejected if the outcomes were the same?