Little Stars

-x-

It turned out adorable.

A little duck sitting on its tail, little legs drawn in orange sticking out. Sun showed it to you with an excited smile when you asked to see, and it was even more adorable how their rays wiggled when you praised their art.

It was a good drawing, you aren't lying. The shades done with simple crayons and markers are at best! It was amazing.

After drawing, you remembered the medications and that they should've taken them an hour ago. The pills are no matter, since this will be their second time only. It's three afternoon, which you login in your phone to remember both times (and because you realized you might actually forget). Sun wasn't so pleased with the concept, but kept quiet. You helped to apply the cream on their back while they did the rest.

And do your back too, as Sun insisted. It was fair, so you let them do it.

After that you settled in playing a card game Sun was used to. It was very competitive, and both of you were playing for the fun of it not winning, even if you had lost more times than you'd admit.

Four o'clock came by faster with all the games and, now, you stood before your closet, looking through coats. Alright, it shouldn't be hard. You wanted something that'll hide their leg for both their sake and everyone outside. Because, really, walking around with a mangled leg isn't... the best of things to do. And besides, it was cold since it was nearing winter, so they should wear something warm anyway. It's why this should be easy if you're looking for something bigger than their size.

And it was, as you hold out a coat of yours. It reaches to your thighs so it should cover them to their calves, and with the socks they wore, it will be enough cover. You mentally nodded and headed downstairs where Sun is waiting, anxious but excited. Unfolding the coat from your arm, you introduce it to them. "Here. It's long and warm till we get you guys somethin' better."

Sun takes it from you, examining the brownish coat— it reminded them of the coat you gave them at the hospital, which gave them the idea that you simply liked the design. Sun wiggles their arm in and adjusts the coat over their shoulders, enjoying the warmth it got them but quickly feeling a little too hot since they're still inside. Winter is at the door and surely outside will be cold, so Sun was glad for it regardless.

Red eyes trailed at you as you searched for shoes that would fit them since you weren't keen on letting them crawl on the dirty floors that is the market. God only knows how long it has been since they cleaned it, and the thought of touching, let alone crawling, on it makes you cringe.

You found slippers, which were bigger than even your size, but they'll have to do, if just to keep the germ-induced floors away. "These will do for now." You mumble as you drop them in front of Sun, who seems a little confused at the concept of wearing them at all, but he still does so. They should at least keep them warm if they weren't enough to keep them clean.

Grabbing your keys and wallet, you slip your shoes on and walk towards Sun, who is nervous but excited, it seems they even wanted to protest again but decide against it. It is for the best, especially since you didn't know their size and hoped that they'd get to choose what they wanted. Reaching out, Sun hesitates a moment before accepting help and curling his arms around your neck. You host them up, still surprised at the concerning lightweight, and walk towards the door.

-x-

Warm sunlight had ceased to a gentle breeze, the clouds thick and the skies a pale blue. The windows were lowered just a tad to let it sneak in, just barely flickering over Sun's face as his hair went wild in the wind.