Of Wolves and Chickens

NOTE:
Hi again! Oh, my, more updates!
I wanted to both thank you guys and also announce something (?).

This whole story is an overshadow of things that may have happened in my life (trauma inspiration, yippee), so, while I have around 10 more chapters done in this, I may not be around much after the next week to publish them. I don't want to be that kind of writer, but life's a shitty show right now and I'll be moving in a week (five days maybe?), so I may not have time or internet to post as much as I would like. Until then, I'll still post chapters till that time comes. If I happen to stop for long then I am busy dealing with everything, but not to worry, I'll be fine and this story is gonna be completed anyway because I love it a lot.

I'd probably not announce this to my other stories or social media (except Instagram, maybe), so, until then, I'll see you in the next chapter.

Enjoy!

-x-

When you reached the right section, you realized, it was, indeed, a little more than just crowded. With people holding their broken limbs and others who already had a cast on, perhaps here to either get it checked in or removed.

The nurse takes your name and the paper, sliding it through a door and telling you to wait. Looking around, you find a seat near another alien and sit on it, Moon still holding you like a lifeline. Shifting your bag with your hand— which was a little difficult, you open it, seeing the snacks you had in there. "Moon, are you hungry?" You loosen your hold on them, urging them tenderly to look your way. For some reason, the lights weren't as blinding here. Always the X-ray rooms were dark, but you didn't remember the halls and waiting areas had to be. Though, you were glad, both for your headache and for Moon.

Speaking of, Moon grunts something out, voice raspier than Sun's, perhaps it's just their tone or maybe because of the water they had to throw up. After a bit, they nod, removing their head to stare up at you, albeit their eyes were narrowed and lidded to slits from the light— or perhaps because they were tired.

"I bought you two some from the store. Sun didn't eat much." You shifted them so they were sitting on your lap sideways, then put the bag on theirs. "Here. We're gonna have to wait a little bit, so eat in the meantime."

Moon looked up at you, then at the bag. Sneaking a hand out of the warmth of the coat, they reach to grab the first thing in there— which was a donut. Opening the package, Moon sniffs it once before diving into the sweetened treat. You had hoped to get them something healthier, especially with their sick appearance, but the store only had so much. Moon's sharp teeth break the soft bread easily, and, halfway there, they pause to get a juice box.

You let him enjoy his meal, even though he was eating a little too fast for their stomach's sake. Instead, you focus back on anything, mind reeling in thoughts— some were aggressive thoughts. Others were empathetic towards the two. They were scared and small and you just had to do something to them. You wouldn't call it pity— but rather the ever-soft heart you have toward those who needed help. Perhaps not a hero-complex, you don't think you want to save anyone. No, not really. You could be the ever-cold person, some people know that, mostly from experience. It's a gift of sorts, you'd believe, to be kind when no one else is.

"They're so cute!" A voice said from beside you and you looked, finding your eyes locked with purplish ones. "Ah! I didn't mean to be nosy." You watched as the alien— another Glamrock, like doctor Freddy, raise a hand to rub at her head sheepishly. She had feather-like fur, white in color. Random symbols on her face not unlike Freddy's "lightning". The Glamrock specimen really reminded you of animals on Earth, especially since the Glamrock in front of you looks like a duck— or maybe a chicken. Oh! Even her feet looked like one. "I'm Chica!" She finally introduces herself.