Goodnight

-x-

It had been over a week since you met the two-in-one alien, yet, sitting in the darkness with them here made it feel as if months had passed. Too much happening in too little time, and you were sure they felt the same.

The drawn feeling to protect them like you've known them for so long is hard to explain, but you aren't, in any form or shape, regretting or uncomfortable with the feeling. If anything, the feeling made you feel more alive than before.

You guess it gave you a reason. A responsibility, and not a bad one at that. You hadn't believed how much it mattered to make someone happy till it happened, and since then, you have been seeking more to help those you cared deeply about.

And now that you have it, you feel both worry and happiness bubble in your chest.

And, of course, an old, ugly man isn't going to take that away.

You spare a glance at the movie playing, willing yourself to stop having such thoughts now. Nothing interesting much was playing, but the light was appreciated in the dim room. It, at least, made it easier to see better.

Sun was eating crackers— probably because of it's lightweight to his stomach, and somewhat paying attention to the movie. Most of the things you had gotten were snacks both Sun and Moon enjoyed— It was a little trick to try and soothe them a bit with the sweets they liked, and so far, Sun was happily munching on the salted crackers and sipping sweetened milk. An odd combination, but whatever made him happy, really. This was the point after all.

There on the bed, you had multiple snacks for them to choose from, including those that are chewy, like gummy bears. Moon enjoyed chewing the little things with his teeth, and that was way better than gritting his teeth or biting things, so that's a plus too.

Taking a breath, you avert your gaze back to the blond, wondering a bit about how to start your next words. You guess it shouldn't be hard, not on your part, for sure. But you weren't keen on phrasing something the wrong way.

It was something they were going to be asked anyway, so it was better to be you than some doctor. At least, you hope so.

With that in mind, you call softly, "Hey Sun," They look at you. You look back with a gentle gaze, eyes trailing to their leg subconsciously. "I wanted to make a proposal for something."

This makes them tense up a little. Though, curiosity still lingered, and they ask, "What proposal?"

You hum, folding your legs on the bed to get more comfortable. Perhaps, before actually making the "proposal", you should clarify what you are proposing in the first place. "Do you know what a prosthetic is?" Well, people know what prosthetics are. However, little who actually know what it's called. It's a little odd, but you guess it being called a "metallic limb" is more appealing to some, especially if they didn't know it had a specific name. You don't blame people for not knowing this, of course, not everyone has to know about everything. You surely don't.

Sun blinks once, then twice. Confusion taking hold of their expressions. "Ah, the parts that are metallic but fused with an organic body?" He answers— more questions than answers, but it was correct regardless of that. For someone who hadn't been educated nor had internet access to search things, Sun and Moon seem to know more than you expect.

At the same time, however, they seem to not know as much as you expect. A lot of time they surprise you by not knowing what something is, either this, or it feels so foreign to them. They know a lot, but they also know too little. And, unfortunately, most of what they know are things that they probably learned about firsthand.