My Heart is Too Soft

-x-

You weren't sure what you were expecting.

You knew it wasn't an animal, that man was trying to kill someone. But all that came to you was the hope that whoever is in there is still alive, and really, that is all that mattered.

As soon as the sack was away, a head popped out, terrified, and immediately hunched over to throw up all the water they swallowed.

You... aren't sure what you were looking at, despite the car's headlights casting everything in yellow light. You've seen aliens and androids, especially in this section of the city with every rich ass buying them. They manned stores and drove buses and trains. Everyone would be familiar with the work Fazco has, it was one of the biggest corporations out there, especially with keeping unwanted slaves alive. They vary from the typical alien-like appearance to humanoids who, if you didn't see the shape of their eyes or weird skin color, would think they are actually humans.

They serve in everything. From maids and drivers to companions and personal pets.

It only sickened you the fact that Fazco actually sells companions, as in pets. And you knew deep down that only rich sadistic fuckers are the one who buys them. The thought makes your blood boil every time. Your driver when you were a kid was an alien, he was a very kind man and had emotions just like that of a human. He had three kids and was working hard for them. Hopefully, he's doing okay.

The concept of someone having one of those... companion slaves is only a fancy word over bigger, more disgusting sexual and sadistic behavior.

However, you didn't know they sell... teens? Kids? Have they started selling young slaves to families that wanted to adopt children? Maybe the family wanted an alien that looked like their lost child? There were androids made for such a thing, too...

Now that thought made you uncomfortable... imagining being born or made only to be a replacement of someone? To be expected to do as they did before?

You shook your head, focusing your racing thoughts to a stop. This wasn't the time. Your eyes avert to them carefully, who is still vomiting all the water out. Though it still played with your nerves after all those thoughts that you wouldn't make it in time to save them, it was still a blooming hope that they weren't dead.

Clearing your mind, you notice they were humanoid; as in having two arms and two legs. They obviously didn't look so human, though, not with the glittering yellow and cream as their skin tones, but they did have all the human characteristics to them. And, oh, the blinking light was coming from the side of their neck where a metallic collar is, beeping just slightly in a red light.

After seemingly emptying their stomach (you guess you'd call it that), with nothing coming out but water, they finally snap their attention to you. Their wide fearful eyes narrow slightly by the harsh light, but they still look you up with red tearful eyes. They had what appeared to be blond hair with odd appendages out their head like a halo, reminding you of a flower of sorts. Their collar was blinking a yellow light now instead of red.

You believe that means being distressed? Maybe? Well, you didn't need LED lights to tell that they were.

The crown of golden spikes over their head dropped down as they stumbled to hug their shaking body, drawing their knees close.