Duck Duck Goose

-x-

"Sun." Moon's voice went unheard as his counterpart crawled out of bed and to the closet. "That's... that's snooping."

Sun huffed, crawling on his hands and knees. "You wanted to snoop more than me!" The blond exclaimed. "I just want the..." He reached out and opened the closet door just a little more to sneak his hand in. The clothes hanging tickled over his arm as he grabbed for the white thing in there, dragging it out. "Duck?"

He blinked. Then blinked again. A duck plushie? Ooh, it looked so cute! The little white thing had five yellow flower petals around its head, involving it. Black eyes looking so adorable with its orangish beak and little legs.

Bicolored hand ran over the petals, tilting the plushie's head the same time he tilted his own. Sun's rays wiggled and he squeezed the plushie, smiling at how squishy it was.

"It might belong to someone," Moon's words were faint, as if he himself wasn't sure anymore. "You have to return it."

Sun pouted. He didn't want to but he knew it wasn't his and taking someone else's things is bad, he knew that from experience. But you said no one lives here anymore...

"Doesn't mean that we can take something that isn't ours." Moon continued the thought with his own, his presence much more aware than Sun's. The plushie grabbed his attention more than it should. Moon wished it didn't have the same effect on him as well, but at least he was more aware at the moment than to let mushy thoughts involve him.

Stealing is bad, and borrowing things without consent is also bad. Sun huffed but sat the plushie on the table next to the closet, having to half climb the thing in his position. He placed the duck-thingy on the table, content with it being there at least. With that done, Sun finally climbed back to the bed, sighing sleepily.

Maybe he could ask about it tomorrow? Or would that be rude? You've done a lot already, so that'll be overstepping their luck...

Or maybe not to ask.

Sun let his thoughts run wild before sleep finally soothed him away.

-x-

The thing rang once, then twice, vibrating like it's life depended on that.

You narrowed your eyes and snatched your phone from the table, immediately silencing it before looking at the number calling. Who would be calling this early anyway? You hadn't even made breakfast yet and this... someone is calling so early on?

Certainly, it wasn't one of your siblings, even if they had gotten a new number for whatever reason. They sleep until afternoon, after all, so there's little chance it is them.

Unknown caller.
The screen read as the thing continued to vibrate in your hand.

Sighing, you hit the green button and raise the device to your ear, silently waiting for the caller to speak first— like hell you'd be the one to do that, it's them who called so they should make a noise first. Shuffling was heard and clicking of a keyboard too, then, more shuffling until the caller (finally!) speaks. They say your full name, questioning if the line is actually still there.

Hearing that, you shift in your place and clear your throat. "Uh, yes, that's me. Who is this?" You quirk an eyebrow, focusing back on making breakfast.

"This is Mina speaking— just wanted to confirm you had a scheduled visit today with Doctor Shannon." The tapping stopped, awaiting your words.

Ooh. It's the hospital. You honestly didn't think they'd call you. Was it that crowded in the hospital? "Yeah, I have a visit today." You conform.