Sugar Babies

-x-

"My siblings are coming today," You said, brushing a hairlock from Sun's face.

The blond looks at you from where he rests atop your chest. "Hmm?"

"My siblings, they're coming today for dinner." You repeat, an excited smile crossing your face. "It had been a while since we've all met together. It'll be fun."

"How many siblings do you have?" Sun asks, their white and red eyes gazing at you with softness you wish to see often. You hold them tighter against you, squeezing the tiny alien atop you in a loving gesture.

"Three." You answer. "You've met Ellen. There's Amelia and Max. You'll love them."

Sun offered a small smile of his own, eyes upturning. "If they're like you then we will."

"I can't say they're like me," you hum thoughtfully. "Amelia is different and so are the others. But if you mean if they're nice, then yeah, they are."

Sun's smile stretched. "When are they coming?"

"Around seven," you say, your hand coming to caress Sun's cheek. "You'll like them."

-x-

The doorbell rang out into the house. Sun perked up, rays twitching at the familiar sound that they heard.

"Coming!" You call as you stand from where you were, hopping to the door. Before you open it, you look back to send Sun a thumbs up that he returns with slight hesitation. Swinging the door open, you are greeted with the welcoming sight of your siblings.

They hadn't changed one bit since you last saw them.

"Oi," Max greets, being the first to step in. Their heavy makeup gave their expressions a new level of emotiveness.

"Hey," you greet back, a smile splitting your face. "How are you?"

Amelia comes for a hug, cutting your sentence short as it gets muffled.

"We're alive," Max offers, smile big on their face. They shake their hair out of their eyes, looking around the house. "Where's the friend you talked about?"

"Oh," you break from Amelia's crushing hug, looking towards the living room. "Sun's right there."

As if on cue, Sun comes walking using his crutch, a nervous smile on his face. He offers a small wave.

"Hey again," Ellen waves back.

"Again?" Max sends a look Ellen's way before focusing back on the blond. "Oi. You're Sun?"

"Y-Yeah," Sun waves again. "Hi."

Amelia finally seems to notice the newcomer, swinging her hair back. The smell of flowers always followed her. "You're adorable."

A peachy-colored blush coats Sun's face as he sputters a response, "T-Thanks!"

Oh, this is gonna be interesting.

-x-

After settling in and ordering food, everyone sits at the kitchen table. Sun, of course, sat as close as he could to you. He was too nervous about the newcomers. It just felt alienated to be around people he didn't know, like he didn't belong.

At least he felt comfortable with you...

It was fine, though. They were fine. Your siblings are nice and kind, and you're here to keep them company. It was fine.

"I didn't know you have sugar babies."

Or maybe it wasn't.

You sputter, almost choking on your drink, eyes flying to look at Max with surprise.