My Offer Still Stands

-x-

Warm sunlight peeked in, refreshing and bright. Cars honked at each other, birds chirping nearby, and the passing sound of flying vehicles was heard.

The ground was hard yet soft; cautioned. Sun found himself cocooned in a blanket, hugging the thing limply. A wet spot under his cheek is sticking out like a sour thump and he stirs, feeling the drool dry on the side of his face when he lazily moves a hand to wipe it away— it does little to clean it, however. Gross.

A soft groan leaves the blond, red eyes squinting at the harsh sunlight. He inhales deeply, flinching slightly when he clinches his hands a little too hard, the claws pressing on their palm— a reflex they couldn't help whenever they woke up tired, it always caught them off guard how sharp those claws could be.

The sudden urge to use the bathroom hit Sun and he sits up, a little too fast for their sleepy state, and finally takes in their surroundings. The living room. They were alone in the living room for whatever reason. Their mind flashes memories of yesterday's events— from the moment Moon woke up till he switched hosts with Sun's sleeping mind. Speaking of, Moon was at the back of their mind, half dozing off. Sun's subconsciousness rubbed against his, waking the other more. Moon does nothing verbally, though, he does scoot closer to the front.

If Sun were to imagine their headspace, he'd say it feels like a spaceship. There's the pilot seat and the copilot, the console of all the controls, and the big window that shows space and stars and planets. There were times when one would go back to sleep in the "rooms" inside. Other times one of them would copilot, or just sit in the seat and watch more closely. They can easily switch who's piloting and who's copiloting simply with a button. As always, Sun has the imagination that tells him Moon would lower the ship's lights if he took control.

And, then, there's that autopilot.

Sun likes to imagine it as a stubborn AI in a ship that suddenly takes control and demands the pilot to take a break. It wasn't ideal, being suddenly forced out of their own ship because, really, this AI isn't as good as them at driving the ship! It leaves them incapable of handling situations they deemed important.

Other times... whatever shows on the windshield feels... odd. Unreal. It's on those days Sun or Moon would risk driving into things just to make sure what they're seeing isn't just a hologram of the stars and space around them. Though, the AI would take control most times so they wouldn't do anything too stupid.

Now it feels as if Moon was leaning against Sun's seat, sleepy and tired, but watching everything nonetheless.

It was... enough of a little comfort. Moon didn't want to be on the copilot seat, it seems, and that's fair. There wasn't any possible danger around them for Moon to ready himself, so he just stays close to his counterpart. Dizzy and sleep deprived, but still there to bring a little bit of warmth, like a missing piece finally in place.

Sun shakes his wild hair from his face, wondering briefly where his tie is, before looking towards the kitchen, searching for a particular someone. The soft blanket fell from their chest to their lap and Sun takes in the red sweater. Soft. Softer than the blanket. Suddenly, red seems to suit them best.

Sun frowns a little and wiggles out of their blanket prison, crawling, and, vividly, feeling the brown socks Moon had worn last night. The blond crawled till they reached the couch, which wasn't far, and pulled themselves upward to look around the house. All the tea Moon drank last night seemed to hate them as Sun averted his gaze to the stairs, where the bathroom is. Hadn't you said something about the stairs being titled down? Or was it upward? Their memories from Moon's perspective were a little blurry.