Loud Noises and Warm Hands

-x-

First stop was at a gas station for both your car and to get something for Sun to eat.

Parking the car, you turn to Sun as the android manning the station readies close to your window. "Hey, Sun, what kind of things do you eat?"

The blond flinched, averting their gaze from the colorful lights to you. A frown fell on their face. "I'm not hungry." As if sarcastic, their stomach gives a growl in answer making Sun jolt and hug themselves, lips pulled into a deeper embarrassed frown. You aren't sure what to make of it as their eyes gathered tears. Hunger pain can't be pretty. At last, they just shrug, not meeting your gaze.

"Sun?"

"Human food isn't bad." They mumble, hand tugging at their shirt.

You nod. "Alright, dear. I'll take a minute. Wait here." With this you exit the car, saying a quick hello to the android filling your car, then head inside the small store.

A bell rings singling your entry, attracting the cashier to look up before focusing back on their phone. You speed walk through the halls, picking quick things your way. If neither had eaten in a while then it'd be bad to suddenly eat something heavy, so you went with a few sandwiches and juice boxes. Good for now, you still need to get them to a hospital and then deal with everything else.

Now... why are you even doing any of that?

You pause for a second.

"First, I'm Human, I help when I can and show sympathy." You mumble to yourself as you head back to the cashier. "Second, mama raises a gentleman not a bitch." You laugh quietly at the not-so-joke. You didn't understand why you wouldn't help.

The cashier spares you a look before scanning your things and then putting them in a bag. You use your phone to pay before exiting, finding the Android waiting for your payment. You pay with a quick "thank you," then open your door, heading in with a groan.

Your shoulder is still sore, you almost forgot about it.

Sun tenses up a little, giving a look at your shoulder before looking back down. They say nothing, just hunching down even more on themselves, hands twitching.

"Here, I got a few things." You put the bag beside them. "Please eat something, it might take a bit in the hospital." You mumble the last part, hoping that this wouldn't be the case. Though, sparing a glance their leg's way, you knew it will take a while.

Sun looks at the bag, rays twitching at the sound of the car engine turning on. Freeing a hand, they get a sandwich out, looking it over. It's something close to a strawberry pie, though made into a sandwich.

You quietly sigh as you see Sun open the package and take a small bite. They eat slowly and almost uncertainly, as if they can't decide if they like the taste or not. It's fair, you feel the same when you eat those kinds of sandwiches. Focusing back on the road, you take the quickest turn to the nearest hospital.

-x-

It wasn't much of a deal, if just drivers would know how to fucking drive correctly, then maybe the world would be at peace.

You get there, at last, and park your car in the emergency parking lot, turning off the engine and looking back over your company.

Sun was dozing off, too tired to keep their head in place. Eyes half-lidded, they spare you a glance when they felt the car engine stop.

"Hey, Sun, we're here. I'm gonna have to carry you inside, okay?" You ask, hopeful and praying that they would let you.

However, and more worryingly than anything, the blond does nothing but slowly shrug, as if the concept isn't a matter at all, especially after how they tried to stay as far away from you.