ZZZ

WARNING: Horror image above and in the chapter.

-x-

It felt as if Bonnie had dumbed an entire documentary on you, and that left your head reeling with too much information to remember and understand but with little to no time to process them all.

You were, of course, grateful for his thorough explanation— it was literally what you asked for, but, heavens, did it cloud your mind so much.

All in all, Fazco should burn. That, for sure, you were certain about. They were greedy bastards and the world had only faced bad luck after the cooperation was created decades ago. They were everywhere— parts where they create animatronics and androids, other parts where they sell aliens, and so back and so forth. Their name was stained on everything the same blood seemed to stain theirs. It was undeniable how dark the past of this cooperation was, no matter how much fresh paint they could splash there.

Another thing that you already knew was their love for money; like a hungry animal that would eat till it threw up, then start killing off out of anger till all it has is a rotten mess and nothing to eat anymore. All that, then repeats.

But that wasn't something you want to think about at the moment.

After having dinner, with Sun taking a liking to salad given its lightweight on their stomach, it was time to apply their cream and take the pills. And, of course, you didn't want to drown in such thoughts in their presence. So you force those away. For now, at least.

Sitting them over the bed, you both take to your roles— Sun would apply where he could, which were his arms and legs while you took care of his back and shoulders. It made the whole ordeal faster and gave Sun something to do as well. The room was silent as you worked, gently and carefully with your moves, not wanting to hurt them. Most of the bruises were healing, with only one that was more pronounced than the other. Its place almost mirrored your bruise. It seemed new, as all the other bruises were getting better while it was still a deep blue color.

When that was done, you reached to hold their face in place, applying what's left on your finger over the bridge of their nose. The bruise there was already a faint greenish color, singling its fast healing process.

Sun fidgeted, gazing anywhere but at you. "Grief..." He started, hunching over himself even more, and you paused. "You s-said not be overcome by it... How do you do that?"

You lean back, giving them room to breathe as you ponder over the question. "Well..." You take a tissue to wipe your hand with, not wanting the smell to stick over your nails. "Grief is... when you lose something or someone. Technically, in most cases, the loss cannot be retrieved. Like death." Closing the cream, you safely put it way in its bag. "Some other times, what we grieve is something we can't have back, but it wasn't taken by death, like breaking up with a friend, for example. In either case, being overcome by grief would do nothing to bring anything back. Grief is a normal response, and it's okay to feel it, but letting it control your life is unhealthy."

Taking another tissue, you hand it to Sun, who hastily starts to clean his hand as well.

Heaving a breath, you continue. "It isn't easy, grief takes a while to overcome. You just have to remind yourself that life doesn't stop for anyone nor anything. Letting grief eat you away will do nothing to bring what you lost back. What you can do is improve from there. Don't let what happened bring you down." You shrug, racking your mind for a way to explain things. "It's... hard. It's also a way for us to grow stronger."

Sun listens with attention, following with his eyes every hand gesture you made. When he realized you were done, he averted his gaze down, tugging at the hems of his shorts.