Red

-x-

The kindest soul in the world is that that offers help.

In the darkness of living, some are struggling to keep afloat. At least, there is someone to keep their head above the water.

These souls exist, albeit quite rare nowadays, they still exist. They are alive, they are living. They are helping.

No one understands how it feels to finally see daylight unless they were locked away, held down, and beaten like a dog and locked up. Daylight seems like a remedy for broken hearts, one rare are able to reach.

When poor souls reach out, it's the kindest gesture to offer a hand. Pull them out. Let them see daylight again. Once more, the sun will kiss their skin for one more time.

One more time.

That's how Sun and Moon felt. Helplessly stuck in darkness their whole life, reaching out to deaf ears. They cried till no tears were shed. They believed wholeheartedly that that's how they'll end up being. That this will be their home and they're forced to live in it.

Until you came into the picture. You had made a difference. You had made tomorrow easier to welcome.

You have no idea how much everything you say or do means to them.

They wish for it to never end.

-x-

"Hello again!" DJ greets with a smile full of piano teeth. It was an odd addition, but not ugly by any means.

It had been two weeks since their last appointment, and today's the day.

Today they'll get their prosthetic.

You were both excited and worried.

Technically speaking, you had no idea why you were worried. It was just a prosthetic, a limb hooked to the implants in Sun and Moon's leg. It will work. Technology is that advanced. It wouldn't need charging or anything since it takes its energy from its host's body, meaning Sun and Moon will need to eat more, and that's fine. The problem here was how Sun would react and if he'd become used to walking again.

DJ had explained that therapy will be needed, both at home and at the hospital. Getting used to a prosthetic will be hard, as the mind will start getting used to moving a limb it supposedly lost. Sun and Moon had gone a while without being able to walk. A year perhaps, if the math is correct. So it will take trial and error to get them to walk, let alone run and jump.

The prosthetic doesn't have skin yet, meaning its inner workings are half exposed. DJ says not to go to places like the beach so no sand would get stuck there while they prepare the "skin". Given Sun and Moon's unique body, scientists were working on figuring a way the "skin" would change color. It shouldn't take long, but in the meantime...

Sun clings to you, both excited and afraid, as they watch DJ unbox the prosthetic leg. Removing the safety procedure and foam away. There, in the Android's hands, sits a metallic leg. It looked fairly normal with a gray casing and screws keeping it in place. It was advanced in nature, as science had improved a ton since decades ago.

Above the knee is where the implants will go, hooking to the socket of it. It was like an outlet of sorts. Delicate wiring hidden behind the metallic casing— it was fascinating

Suddenly, the door opens.

Sun flinches, hiding behind you as Bonnie makes his way in as if he owns the place. "Oi!" He greets with a smile, showing two big teeth at the front. His grin stretches as he locks eyes with DJ. Stretching his arms, Bonnie exclaims, "Music man!"