2| awkward encounters

Avery

Instead of the usual annoying alarm waking me up this morning, it was replaced with birds chirping and the bright sunlight shining through my window. My window. This whole thing still felt surreal, adding the beautiful house and surroundings, it was just even better. Getting up to go into my own bathroom I took a nice shower and finished up my morning routine. Once I was done I heard my name being called from downstairs. I threw on a pair of black shorts and a pullover before running down.

"Hey mom" I smiled walking into the kitchen. It looked like she had just finished cooking breakfast and it smelled amazing.

"Hey, good morning. Sit and eat I made your favorite." She smiled, ever since we got here she's seemed brighter than usual which is like a breath of fresh air.

I grabbed a large plate of pancakes stacking all types of fancy fruits on top before coating it with syrup. As I started to eat I heard more footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Good morning beautiful, this smells great" Greg greeted my mother, pulling her in for a kiss. It was weird to see her like this but hey as long as she's happy. I tried to mind my business by continuing to eat.

Then entered another person. I looked up to see a teen boy around my age enter, looking disheveled from either first waking up or severely hung over.

"Avery this is Easton, my son" He speaks up to introduce us.

"Hi, nice to meet you" I smiled putting down my fork full of food.

"Hey nice to meet you too. Haha weird I have a sister" Easton laughed to himself before grabbing a singular pancake and walking out. Yep definitely hung over.

"Ignore him" Greg laughed before he and my mom joined me to eat. We caught up since the last time we had seen each other then I was suddenly reminded.

"Are you ready to go back to school yet?" He asked. The topic had came up after talking about how much I disliked my old school, I had completely forgot school was still in. Thankfully there was only a couple months left since I had left in the middle of it.

"Oh I had actually forgotten about that" I laughed nervously. Mom knew I didn't like school much because of my lack of friends but Greg hadn't been in the loop yet.

"I already signed you up you'll start Monday, but thankfully Easton goes there as well" My mom tried to reassure me. Monday was in 2 days! I knew she had to get me signed up as quickly as possible but I was dreading starting somewhere new.

After I had finished eating I walked over to the sink placing my dish in. "We're going to run a few errands i'll see you soon" My mom spoke gesturing to her and Greg.

"Alright have fun" I gave them a quick smile before turning to head upstairs back into my room. It was weird having to go up and down steps since my old house and only been 1 story. Everything about this house and place was different, I could feel it.

Since it was a nice day out, I decided to get dressed and go to our backyard swimming pool. Yeah, a pool! The backyard was one of my favorite parts about the house, it had a beautiful look to it with many lights everywhere. I threw on a simple black bikini and grabbed my tanning lotion as well as a book.

There was hardly ever sunshine back where I was from so I wanted to take advantage and soak up as much as I could. On my way out I grabbed a towel and laid out on one of the lounge chairs, I opened up my book letting the story overtake my thoughts. The bright sun was beaming over my skin hopefully strong enough to give a little tan.

I was ready to turn over and bake the other side of me when I heard multiple voices approaching. Wasn't mom and Greg out? When Easton's head popped out from the gate I was reminded that I was no longer a only child. Shoot! I'm only wearing a bikini and he's seemed to have brought a whole army with him!