7| skipping

Avery

After lunch had ended it was time for us to leave, school didn't end for another 2 hours but we were all on board with the idea of leaving early. Throwing my food and placing my tray back in the return area I grew a bit nervous. Today was my first day and I hadn't been to any classes or will be, I wasn't too scared of getting in trouble but I didn't want my mom to find out and be disappointed.

We all agreed to go home to get ready first then meet up at the lake, since I had driven to school myself I would drive back but Easton would take us there.

We quickly said our goodbyes as we reached the parking lot and walked to our separate cars. "Sneaking" out of the school had been easier than I thought, there weren't any security guards blocking most of the doors.

As I got into my car I rolled down all the windows and let in the breeze, today was a nice day and I was excited to spend it with my new friends. I wasn't sure if we were on that level yet but I'm still going to call them that anyways.

I pulled into the driveway of our large house before I realized, our parents could be home. I quickly got out the car running over to Easton.

"Before we walk in and get grounded for life, do you know that they aren't home?" I asked looking around, now feeling paranoid.

"Of course, don't worry. Meet me in the car once you're ready" He answered.

We walked in the house that looked quiet and well kept, like usual. I walked up the large staircase to my room like routine to put away my school bag and get ready.

I changed into a strapless, white bikini wearing jean shorts and a black cropped tank top as a pull over. Buttoning my pants, I threw my hair up into a claw clip and slipped on some black flip flops. I grabbed a tote bags stuffing it with a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a book leaving my car keys on my nightstand.

Now that I was ready I quickly made my way downstairs and outside to Easton's car where he had been waiting for me, how was he always ready first? No matter how quick I got ready he always beat me.

***

A short 15 minute car ride later, we had finally arrived to the lake. The air smelt damp as we found a parking spot seeing all of the other guys get out of their cars. I grabbed my tote bag and slung it around my shoulder before getting out the car.

"It's so nice out today and it's only May, back home it would be like fall right now!" I said turning to Easton with excitement as we walked into the wooded area.

"Really? It usually starts to get warm around the end of March here" He chuckled in pride as we found an empty area near the water.

We all set out our towels, placing down our belongings.

"Whose jumping in first!" Blake yelled causing some of the other boys to cheer.

"Beat you all there" Chase challenged.

One by one they all started to run into the water, creating a big splash when they landed. I started to take off my cover up revealing my swimming suit when I heard footsteps from behind me. I quickly turned and collided into something hard.

"Ow" I whined rubbing my forehead. Looking up, I saw Landon staring back down at me with a laugh waiting to come out.

"You okay?" He asked playfully, setting his stuff next to mine. "Is this always how your going to greet me?"