32| handwritten letter

Landon

My mind had been all over the place this weekend after my conversation with Blake. I knew I was stalling but I was waiting for the perfect moment to officially make her mine. After last night I knew I needed to speed the process up, it wasn't fair to her that I acted and treated us like a couple when I haven't made that step yet.

I couldn't stop thinking about how she asked me to shower with her. It was the first time I could say I was stunned, not a word could come out.

Once we got home after dinner, the rest of the group was too tired to stay up and went straight to bed. Avery had asked to watch a movie and I couldn't say no to her gleaming eyes no matter how tired I was. I loved seeing her scroll through the different movies and tell me which ones she's seen already and how she feels about them.

Each time she puts on a new movie i'm genuinely interested, she has good taste.

I guess we had fallen asleep during it because I woke up this morning feeling a weight on my chest and incoherent words. After finally gaining the motivation to open my eyes I noticed that the sounds had been coming from the tv that we had left on, surprisingly it didn't shut off on it's own.

I lazily stretched my arm out towards the remote to shut it off.

Looking down even further, brown long hair was sprawled across my chest and the extra weight was now identified as Avery's leg slung over my hip. The minute I realized what was going on I wasn't the only one up this morning. I shifted my pants uncomfortably under her before playing with her hair. This felt nice.

Forgetting about the sleeping arrangements it was a nice surprise to remember when I woke up. She had always cuddled up to me while she slept.

"Morning" I spoke softly as I watched her stir awake. She must've been confused about what happened too since she looked around the room worriedly before spotting me.

"Oh sorry did I fall asleep on you?" She rubbed her eyes as she gently sat up, unraveling us from our position. I frowned slightly before she could notice.

Her face was now slightly red from seeing my shirtless. I loved how she reacted to me even more.

"I don't mind" A smirk appeared on my face. How could I? She was literally the walking definition of perfect.

"Todays a chill day so I decided to plan something for us" I said as I sat up to meet her.

So far this whole vacation has been amazing. But I know it'll be even better after today.

***

"Where are you taking me?" Avery giggled as she sat in the passenger seat with a blindfold on.

Thankfully the rest of the group planned to stay home which meant we didn't need to worry about rushing and bringing the car back any time soon.

Avery had looked amazing in a light pink sundress that had embroidered flowers across it. Even her hair had looked like she stepped out of a commercial, she wasn't wearing any makeup but it wasn't like she needed it. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Her tanned thighs laid comfortably against the seats and I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

"I can't tell you" I laughed. She was always so impatient but would hate for the surprise to be ruined at the same time.