5| first move

Avery

As we walked into the party my nose was instantly filled with the smell of booze and weed. There was bodies filling every corner of the house, this school must be huge! How many people were here? Before I could continue looking around my vision was suddenly filled with everyone from yesterday.

"Hey guys you're here!" Chase yelled over the music as the test of the boys gathered around.

"Hi" I tried yelling back.

"Easton man, i'm already 2 drinks in! You gotta catch up" Jack said to Easton.

"Okay lightweight, see you there soon" He winked.

Easton and I greeted everyone before we made our way to the kitchen to grab some drinks. The music wasn't as loud in here so we were able to hear each other without screaming or going deaf.

"I'll make you guys my special!" The brown haired boy spoke. He was around the same height as Easton with short, straight hair and green eyes. His name was Blake and he and Easton had been friends since they were little, so i've been told.

I sat on the counter as I waited, I was a little unsure of drinking this "special" but I wasn't  worried once everyone told me they drink this every time and what was in it.

Through the group of boys I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me, when I looked up I saw Landon's eyes burning into mine.

Blake had passed out all the drinks as we sat around the table talking. I could see why they all liked this drink since it was sweet and full of alcohol, but I wasn't used to doing this since I didn't go to parties much. The drink burned my throat as it went down, feeling like fire in my stomach.

Over time, one by one each boy disappeared after being pulled away by a girl, I guess it was just a perk of being on the team.

Now, it was just me and Landon left at the table. I had finished my drink and was already feeling the effects of it and him. The way he stared at me felt like he would make my skin catch on fire.

Feeling overconfident, I stood up pulling him up with me to where the music was coming from.

"Let's dance" I smiled as we walked through the house, his large hand in mine.

Reaching the large living room where everyone was dancing, I felt the music and began to move while Landon watched me in surprise.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing" He responded walking closer to me.

The music was so loud that I felt like it was going right through me, but all I cared about was how he was looking at me.

Landon placed his hands on my hips beginning to dance with me, even I was surprised I was doing this. Who knew what two drinks could do.

We danced as each song passed, feeling a bit tired now.

"Want to get some air?" He asked leaning down to my ear to speak, the action causing chills.

"Yeah" I nodded breathlessly with his hands still on my waist.

He interlocked our hands and lead me through the house to the backyard. It was lit up with fairy lights all around and luxury outdoor furniture. The pool glistened under all the lights as we sat on a nearby couch.

He ran his fingers along my thigh as I stared at him. I'm not sure why but he looked even better tonight.

"This was fun" He spoke gently, staring at his hand as it moved.

"It was" I smiled.

"Hey Aves?" He asked softly making my head turn to him.

"Yes?" I answered quietly.

"Would you maybe want to hang out again?" He asked looking back up at me causing my heart to beat faster.

"Yeah I would" I replied, flustered.

"Great" He said moving his hand from my thigh to my chin, lifting it up to make me look at him.

His eyes went from my eyes to my lips, causing me to lick them.

"Can I?" He asked.

"Yes"

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine and it felt like my heart was flipping. We separated, looking at each other with low eyes before going back in. This time it was rougher.

A voice was heard from behind us making us separate quickly.

"Okay love birds, Avery were leaving" Easton spoke startling us. Would he be mad about this? My heart rate increased as I waved a quick bye to Landon before walking off with him.

***

As we walked to the car I could tell Easton was eager to ask me something but was holding back.

"Just ask" I caved in, I wanted to know what we was going to ask.

"What do you mean?" He shrugged unlocking his car.

"You know what I mean, I can tell you're trying to ask me something" I explained as I got in, closing the door behind me muffling the loud music.

"Okay fine, what's going on with you two?" He stopped reaching to turn the car on and faced me.

"I'm not sure. I mean I just got here but we've been talking" I answered truthfully. I still was unsure of what was going on between us myself, I wasn't even sure if he liked me back or if I even really liked him! He just had the ability to make me turn red in a instance and become a mess.

"Looks like you guys were doing more than talking" He chuckled.

I hit his shoulder embarrassed, causing him to dramatically hold it, letting out an "Ow!".

"But seriously, I don't mind if you guys get together it's just if anything we're to happen you're my sister now and he's my best friend I wouldn't be able to chose. Not saying anything would go wrong if you guys did start dating-" He spoke the last sentence quickly trying to defend what he said.

"Don't worry I get what you mean" I laughed. "I'm not sure we would even get to that point but thanks for looking out for me"

"Of course, now let's go home" He laughed, turning the car on and pulling away from the large, lively house.

The drive back was nice, the wind was helping the after effects of all the drinks I had tonight. I smiled to myself thinking over everything with Landon, but what Easton said had made me realize something. He had a point about the close connection and if anything were to happen I wouldn't want to stand in the way of their friendship.

I tried to shut off my overthinking thoughts for once and closed my eyes, letting myself move to the beat on the radio and run my hand through the wind out my window.